The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe for some of her more conservative/country fans (if she still has many of those), but other than those, I doubt it. I think the younger end of her fanbase is in the 12/13 range and I doubt this a deal breaker for them or their parents. My sister plays Top 50 nonstop and this is honestly sort of tame compared a lot of what's "hot" right now. Just from view, I'd certainly rather my sister listen to this than over stuff like that "Body Like a Back Road" song and Chris Brown (just for two examples).

Can anyone explain to me why people think she voted for Trump? I'm seeing this everywhere today lol.

• Administrator

Totally disagree with that!  Stuff on her first album is definitely not better than "All Too Well" or "Clean" or "Last Kiss" - imo, that's her three best songs lyrically.   A lot of people from my hardcore group also thinks Speak Now is her best album.  Just wondering what songs make you think that? 

This song actually has me a bit worried.  I don't want her decline to start with this album because I think/hope Taylor has a long of prime years to go.  I know eventually the decline will happen though.....it happens to all artists.  

While disappointed, I'll give it a pass since it's just a single.  But the album BETTER NOT be available for streaming right away. 

Umm.....did you see the "Bad Blood" video with all BDSM stuff? LOL   I honestly think Taylor is into that stuff. 

Please register in order to view this content

I prefer the orange cover too.  I'm sure I'll get both of them if they're different. 

• Administrator

Yeah, for example Selena Gomez's fetish song.  What's considered "risqué" for Taylor is so tame compared to other artists.   No explanation on the Trump thing. The only thing I got is it's just another thing for people to pile on. 

I love it!  It's a well oiled machine that's for sure.  

• Administrator

Right Said Fred Talks Taylor Swift's Interpolation of "I'm Too Sexy" on New Single

This is the first time that Taylor has used something from another song.  I've always wondered why the songwriter(s) get credited and not the producer(s) if only the music is used and not the lyrics - as in this situation. 

• Members

People think that she whispers the line in the song. 

Say what you will about Taylor Swift, but I'm not sure why people think the most image-conscious celebrity in decades would release a song taunting about voting for a man who is extremely unpopular and becoming more unpopular every day. Yes I know she has a lot of "heartland" fans, but clearly she wants much more than that.

• Members

If she DID vote for Trump, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Frankly, I think Taylor tried WAY too hard with her new song.  She went out for edgy this time, but all she brought back was sadness and desperation.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Not that anyone asked, but my thoughts on the song itself - it sounds like a throwaway album track from the late '80s or early '90s by an artist "in transition." It does little to shake my feelings that we've been reliving the '80s in the last few years, and not the fun '80s we see in nostalgialand, but the sick dread in the pit of your stomach part of the '80s that I didn't miss.

(on the bright side, music [not that song] and TV has improved quite a bit in the last few years, as it was in the '80s, so if that's connected, I should say thanks...) 

Edited by DRW50