The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If 227 had gotten another season and they'd needed a white friend of Regina King's to try to sing rap, Taylor would have fit right in. 

I guess Taylor can do anything she wants and people will buy it, which must be very freeing, but...it's not for me. It's a nice beat though. 

• Members

I do like the beat, pre-chorus & chorus. Not crazy about the rapping but, hey, if I put up with it from Madonna and Kylie Minogue, I suppose it's fine

Please register in order to view this content

Most pop-stars have that moment. lol

No, and she also has no connection to Marcy Walker or Santa Barbara in any way whatsoever.

• Administrator

The pre-chorus (Touch me, and you'll never be alone: love the meaning behind this lyric) and chorus (In the middle of the night, in my dreams / You should see the things we do, baby / In the middle of the night, in my dreams / I know I'm gonna be with you / So I take my time) are so good!   But my favourite part is the second verse where Taylor raps: "But if I'm a thief then / He can join the heist / And we'll move to an island-and / He can be my jailer / Burton to this Taylor / Every lover known in comparison is a failure."   Love the Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor reference because it fits with T-Swizzle's romantic history.  Genius.   Another part I really like is towards the last pre-chorus where it drops and goes silent for a split second before it kicks to an uptempo chorus "In the middle of the night......."  I like this song a lot better than LWYMMD.   That's two songs in a row now where she's trying new things.  Girl is definitely not playing it safe.

Taylor Swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do' Leaps to No. 1 on Hot 100 With Top Streaming & Sales Week of 2017

Glad to see Despacito break One Sweet Day's record.

That second verse is awesome. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The music itself is fine, but some of the lyrics are so LAZY.

I don't know. I feel like she dumbs things down a lot when she's more pop. I feel like her REAL strong suit would've been a path towards singer-songwriter folk rock, in the vein of someone like Tom Petty. Those are the kinds of artists she clearly admires most.

But I realize I'm probably sounding like a stuck up music snob, so I'll quit while I'm ahead, I'm sorry.

Please register in order to view this content