The Taylor Swift Thread

• Members

Well, sources have described it as 'pop-y' which would suggest there's elements of... something else in there. So you might be partially lucky LOL Of course, I doubt she'd go too far away from 1989's pop.

That's crazy! 

Interesting note about possibly making the announcement a little earlier than expected because of that leak. It struck me as weird that she'd have the 3rd part of the teaser and then immediately after blurt it all out.

I wish people would settle on what tomorrow night means? LOL Thursday 12:01AM or Friday 12:01AM?

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Oh, the announcement was definitely not suppose to be today.  LOL   Pretty sure it's Friday 12:01AM - no point of only getting one day in the weekly tracking period, when you get the full 7 days if you drop it at Friday 12:01AM. 

Funny: People Are Hoping Taylor Swift's New Single Stops "Despacito" From Beating Mariah Carey's Hot 100 Record

I'm rooting for Mariah/BIIM and Taylor.  I love "One Sweet Day" and if anyone is going to beat that record, I only want it to be Taylor.  LOL

• Members

I'm weirdly intrigued by it, but hoo boy. This has the potential to BACK. FIRE.

I, too, am going to need some more listens before I have a firm opinion of it.

I really feel that she has songs on her debut album--some that she wrote at as young as 12 years old--that are MUCH better written than almost anything else in her career, and that at the end of the day, her best album will probably actually be considered to be Speak Now. That's what I think it should be, anyway. 

• Members

At least she's not playing it as safe as some assumed she would - if it backfires, oh well, she tried. 

As I said before, maybe she cares more about being an albums artist rather than a singles artist with this new album. Perhaps it's not going to be as radio friendly as we're used to from her, but maybe it's more about the overall concept of the album as opposed to a bunch of radio-friendly singles. 

That whole part about "the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now" may be a metaphor for the next phase of her music career. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I definitely think she should have focused on this WAY before now--Speak Now is the one album of hers that didn't do as well sales wise as the last (and the overall singles didn't chart as well as the ones from her other albums, either), but some of the best songwriting of her career is on it--and Red is actually a great singer-songwriter showcase when you take the three big singles out (although I'll admit "Girl At Home" on the deluxe version is a weak link). 

• Administrator

Also disappointed that it's available for streaming.  I was hoping she would hold off on that for maybe at least a month or so because it's certain to hurt sales.  No way it's going to be Shake It Off or WANEGBT's first week sales. 

• Members

Her looks AWFUL, like a rat's nest. And is that a SEX SWING?

I'm curious to see how the parents who have always considered her to be a good role model, and a "safer" musical option for their kids, are going to react to this, because this stuff might be a dealbreaker.

I mean, she's my age (well, almost...she'll be 28 in December), so *I* don't care; she can do what she wants. But that persona was her bread and butter towards fame for YEARS. 

• Members

She'll release reputation magazines, two volumes, as Target exclusives, which will include handwritten lyrics, photos, posters, etc. as well as the album of course. I don't know if there's any difference between the two volumes but I'm going for the orange one lol