AMC: Monday May 27, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just can't with the Asher talk. As if this character was valuable simply based on his pedigree. Whatever value Asher had disappeared when the show ended. He was a replacement for Damon just like Caleb was a replacement for Adam. Honestly, I'd completely forgotten he even existed.

• Members

I loved Jacob Young as JR. He played the matierial brilliantly.

It is too early to say much about Ryan Bittle's interpretation of JR since he is just getting started. I will wait a few months before making any comparisons.

• Members

Finn Wittrock was genuinely very talented. Trent Garrett was passable and hot but just not remotely interesting to me. If it's a choice between the PP kids and Asher/Caleb/Scott/Madison, etc. from the end of the show? It's absolutely no contest. All those character were weak tea at best in their last iterations. They were substantially firing maybe fifty people's imaginations around the country, and fifty is not enough

• Members

Fjord Spitball was truly a find for AMC. He managed to rise above some very convoluted storytelling. That said, I'm not looking for Damon to return and I'm certainly not going to pretend to miss the last ditch version of him that got slopped onto the canvas. At this point, I'm just hoping that we can finally break the Colby Curse because after three iterations that character feels snake bit.

• Members

I actually liked Natalie Hall as Colby Marian Chandler. She was a step up from Brianne Moncrief. I think she would have been better suited in storylines with an older crowd (e.g., Scott, Madison, Amanda) versus the younger rotation of pretty pecs.

I am really happy we got that Joe/Cara scene. I was not sure Joe was going to circle back to her after the David confrontation. We need more scenes like that. I think the show's scenes are too fast and do not lend themselves to enough time for an emotional build-up. I really want to cry, but have not been given the chance.

Cady looked great today. I hope we get more Dixie/JR/AJ. I want to see how this family comes together. I wish Dixie threw more shade at Cara, or rather, Cara should throw some more shade at Dixie.

Binks is still the highlight of the series for me. Eden has really fit back into the role and seems the most familar of all the veterans for me.

• Members

I feel like there is so much pressure on this actress to save both this legacy character and breathe some excitement into Pete/Celia story.

That said, I did like Ambyr Childers toward the end of her run. And Natalie wasn't awful- she was just sort of there.

• Members

IA. It's unfair. Unfortunately, questionable casting and lack of good story have forced me to this conclusion. AMC has had at least four chances to make Colby work. I don't want to look up one day and see they have re-casted her for the 12th or 13th time, "and this time, it's going to work -- WE PROMISE."

• Members

Agreed. Childers made great strides before she left and Hall did a decent job. The character of Colby is probably one of the most damaged by the last few years because no one seemed to really know what they wanted to do with her.

I'm not looking for her to add fire to Pete/Celia but I am hoping that AMC finds a way to make Pete, Cassandra and Colby a solid twentysomething scene. They were friends once but the three of them have been scattered to the four winds. I would like to see them rebuild a connection.

Archived