AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JR is probably in a coma while Tad "died."

Are we supposed to know who that guy holding Cassandra is? I didn't recognize him but I never really watched AMC regularly.

Don't care much for Miranda but I did like her scenes with Bianca. Hunter definitely has an agenda.

I do like Celia and I thought her roommate was hilarious. "No Honey Boo Boo for a week" laugh.png laugh.png Pete's obsession with Celia is kinda weird. They met for like not even a minute.

It was definitely nice seeing Joe. Hope we see Ruth too.

• Members

Precisely how I feel.

My affection for these characters, this town, this show is most likely altering my point of view. While people were fussing about the cheap quality of the opening titles, I was finding myself almost weeping - no kidding - when I saw Opal taking top billing. After knowing how Jill Larson and Opal were pretty much cast aside for YEARS on the network version, she's being featured as the welcoming face to this show. There's just a personal attachment and affection that I have for this show that won't allow me to look a gift horse in the mouth. I wholeheartedly get the sense that "the vets" are doing this as a love letter to the fans (of which I am one) and who the hell am I to pick it apart? Reading the end credits, seeing names like Howie Zweig, Barbara Simmons, Penny Bergman even just makes me realize that there are a bunch of people in front and behind the cameras that are honestly giving their best to make this work. So, my critical ass is going to shut the hell up and let them do their thing. This reboot wasn't SUPPOSED to happen at all. I'm just grateful that it did.

• Members
Fans review Day 1 of online ‘AMC’ & ‘OLTL’

Just before dawn yesterday, a small piece of TV history was made — two old-line soap operas, “All My Children” and “One Life to Live,” came back to life.

On the Internet.

The two soaps — which were canceled in 2011 — made their debut at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. when the online video service Hulu posted the first new episodes in a year and a half.

The new installments flash many of the familiar faces from the TV versions of the show — but the comparison may end there.

The series jump ahead five years, and the episodes are shorter (half an hour), faster and . . . more adult.

Archived