AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This new AMC is honestly so awkward to watch. It's like an SNL sketch where the punchline never comes. I get that they're trying to build some mystery, but all the vaguery just isn't working. I really think it would have been better for AMC2.0 to focused on the thirtysomethings of Pine Valley along with Brooke/Adam etc and been a little more mature...the scenes with Bianca and Miranda were SO awkward to watch and while Rob Wilson really is a great young male lead, I'd have liked Petey to have come back to town with a little more mystery surrounding him, and whatever the hell is going on with this Celia chick and Evelyn is just, no. Everything on AMC feels so disconnected, but there's potential with the Cassandra storyline and once we get to see more intersecting of storylines.

While the production values make DAYS look expensive, I can't get over how teeny some of the sets look. Spyder Games teeny.

And I still hate the opening. So much that I'm going to make a new one and send it to PP.

• Members

Late to the party but I really like that while the Bianca/Miranda relationship has shades of Erica/Mona, its not a straight copy. Miranda has a softness about her and to have her try to be mini-Susan Lucci would have been an impossible task. I think we'll see Eden a good amount and I'm very excited about that. I liked CBL a lot and not to sound Fronsian, but I'm so happy to have the real Bianca for this reboot.

Didn't love Celia but I do want to know who the mysterious guardian is. I like Petey a lot- I thought hot Petey would be hard to take after nerd Petey but I think they've done a good job of explaining his evolution. Went to college, became insta-successful with his company, realized there are a lot of women out there besides Colby.

Didn't groan when Zach appeared so we're improving from the ABC days.

I have no words for how happy I was to see Dr. Joe. I felt like I was a little girl watching with my grandma. Love that PP made an effort to secure characters like him who really make it feel like Pine Valley.

Archived