AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

Eden looks old enough to be the mom considering I think Michael raped Bianca at age 18 or 19.

The Marlene McPherson auto-stigma is just predictable. It's true there are valid complaints to make, but a large portion of the current audience that was reared on decades of camp and hysteria as the only true Days of our Lives rejected her as "boring" pretty much out of the gate, and there's so much cultish hive mind stuff like that in online soap fandom that one persona tends to follow a writer, or actor, or story or character forever unless you just...watch it and decide for yourself. I hated JFP's work for many years on many shows because I lived it, and I think that hatred of her work was valid. But I can at least recognize when she does something well, as she did at GL or now at Y&R - while that show may be mediocre, it's at least professionally and snappily presented, unlike MAB.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps don't usually have an opportunity to do a "premiere" episode so I think AMC could have taken that idea of really ran with it. They didn't. It felt like we were put in the middle of the story, not a new beginning.

And why is Brooke having a nightmare about something that happened 5 years ago? After all the crap we've seen her go through and get over by the next sweeps period. I hope it's a doozy, whatever it is that's traumatized her.

• Members

Couldn't disagree more. She and Elizabeth Synder, along with Agnes Nixon, are building and rebuilding relationships. That takes skill and time, and they're bringing it already. In order to care what happens to the characters we need to KNOW the characters. That's the problem with soaps today: characters are pushed at the audience without building any rooting value. I've never been a huge fan of AMC, but I'm actually hooked on this newer, much better version. Long may AMC live and thrive~

• Members

I thought the premiere was fine. I'm already getting tired of poor Jesse calling people looking for Cassandra, though. It's just painful to watch, not because the story is bad - I think it has real potential - but because I got a little tired of the sufferin' Hubbards.

Celia's story is cool so far, but Celia herself is a mixed bag for now. They really did basically use her character outline in the dialogue and it needs to be less hamhanded.

• Members

I know they've fudged the timeline but I was going with the fact that Pete was 18 four years ago our time. Add 5 years and I assume everyone here can do math.

REGARDLESS if he's 12 or 72 I still think what he's doing is weird.

• Members

If a person is not a true fan of AMC, then they are going to be quick and too rushed to pass irrational judgement on a 2 episode thing. It is 5 years later people. Follow along and understand the timelines here. I give Primetime it's 1st year on air BEFORE I start to give a more accurate and objective review.

• Members

I have NEVER watched Days of Our Lives so I know absolutely NOTHING about this Marlene McPherson and her talents with writing so I choose to disregard all commenters here dissing her writing style. Different shows and styles too.

I have NEVER watched Days of Our Lives so I know absolutely NOTHING about this Marlene McPherson and her talents with writing so I choose to disregard all commenters here dissing her writing style. Different shows and styles too.

Archived