AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just noticed something in the opening. There is shot of David hugging Angie which should be interesting.

The pace isn't an issue with me yet. I think we saw a sign that we'll be getting some answers soon with the person moving their fingers signalling they are waking up. I think once that domino falls others will start right after that.

I kind of wish we could have seen more of Bianca in the ep maybe interacting with someone else. However, I think they are holding that off till we start seeing more info about that night revealed.

Was Jaime at the party? Maybe he was shot and injured/possibly paralyzed.

• Members

LOL. Each episode is it's own entity. I'm allowed to find fault. I care about the show and want it to be the best it can be. Faults are not a bad thing. If you loved everything, fine.

In a later post I stated how I rewatched the episode and enjoyed it more.

Relax.

• Members

KMan101 great post

Loved Binks. Love Jane. Love Evelyn. Joe's home. Hopefully Ruth Visits. Loved the Caleb mention & that he was incomptent.

Hunter was good. AJ & Dixie seem todeal with ths shooting differently. Both great/ And Eric Nelsen doesnt mind stripping off clothes where ever/ Which is good.

IMHO Petey today cam off kinda perving about Celia

Good episode though

• Members

Thanks John.

I agree about Petey. I just wasn't sure what to make of it. He does seem a little pervy about Celia, since her actual 'age' seems so fluid right now I guess. I think it will play out just fine. They probably wanted it to play as him being clever and using his "tech savvy" to find her. I'm hopeful for a good young romance.

I have to wonder about Joe/Ruth. If Joe's heavily recurring or contract (what is he again? The credits fly by), I wonder how they'll explain away Ruth if Joe is actually 'in town' again. Or maybe he'll just visit and not be 'in town'. IDK.

• Members

I liked today a lot. It was a slower-paced show than OLTL but I think that befits AMC right now. I liked the slices of life - AJ coming home (and once again getting naked - thank you, God), Bianca and Miranda at Jane's. I think that's what both AMC and McPherson often excel at. I thought some of the dialogue with Miranda and Hunter was wretched, but the rest of her stuff was fine.

A lot of the show right now is extremely expository in dialogue - particularly the scenes with Pete and then Celia back at Bramwell Hall, where some of her lines were practically ripped from the character bible - and that could be done better, but as I said in the OLTL thread, I give the shows allowances for the moment because they are having to set everything up with everyone, particularly on AMC where it's virtually from scratch, and that takes time. I've seen a lot worse start-up narratives. I like the Celia mystery a lot. I'm not sure about her acting yet.

What really got me were the character moments, the subtler stuff. A.J. just wanting to get the hell out and not deal with lonely, depressive Dixie and Brooke trying to manage him, then handling Dixie (Cady was great in those scenes at the Chandler mansion, both with her and Nelsen), and Opal still struggling to connect with Pete - I keep calling him Petey too. Jill Larson is heartbreaking with that stuff. I think that's very human, classic AMC stuff - classic soap stuff, that most soaps don't really trade in anymore outside of dialogue, but here they were showing and not telling and that's what's so important IMO.

I like the Hubbard story. I just am not emotionally prepared to deal with more heartache for my Angie. I liked Heather Roop as Jane so far, but Jesus her hair is rough. Which I guess fits given the job, for now.

• Members

So what, are we only supposed to gush about the show? Yes there have only been 2 episodes, but does that mean that the show is immune from any criticism? I dont think either of us was saying we hated the show. I enjoy it and am glad it is back, but I did find it to drag on today and saw shades of the writers previous work in here, which I epressed I hope would not be the case in the long run. My post on the episode wasnt even a negative one; it was a list of observations. If you dont want to see the show get any negative talk then you are in the wrong place bc people here speak their minds, good or bad. The response has been overwhelming positive so far, but that doesnt mean we cant be free to express opinions on parts that we dont particularly care forI dont see it being an issue as Joe was on contract for years towards the end before the LA move with Ruth no where in sight. She made very random sporadic visits and there would be years when we wouldnt see her. I dont think it would be difficult to write around her again as she could easily return to town and be in the background

• Members

I enjoyed the 2nd episode, though I did feel a little blah at times as well. Though I happen to like the small character moments, which is what soap operas were known for.. before the GH and DAYS eventually ruined all that.

I do agree it comes off a little stalkish for Petey to be hunting down Celia after just one brief encounter. Kind of reminds me of EJ/Taylor on DAYS where he bumped into her and both of them kept replaying that over and over again... hopefully this will be different LOL

I did like getting to know Celia.. and I do have an image of Nina or even Ceara with the mention of the man who 'controls' her.

Jesse/Angie are gold, liked her scene with Dr. Joe. Liked the mentions of Ruth, Jake, and Amanda. Whatever happened five years ago must have been bad if it caused most of the town to leave. Hope what happens is revealed to us this week.

Dixie is cray cray, but this plays so much into her history. After her brother Will's murder, Dixie went off the deep end.. had dreams where she imagined herself killing Will and basically blamed herself for her brother's death. He had gone off the deep end and she felt like a bad sister for covering for him and not getting him help. It got so bad that Adam took custody of JR from her.

Still unsure about Tad, I'm hoping he's out of town.. but I'm dreading the reveal that he could be died.

Liked coffee Jane, great shout out to the band! I totally thought of the band when I heard the name of the coffee shop, and having her drop out of college to follow the band is totally awesome!

Miranda/Bianca.... so Mona/Erica.. Like the shout out for Erica, hopefully we will find out where Ms. Kane is right now!

Overall a good 2nd episode, and that ending with Cassandra.. wow.

Archived