AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

Make 'em laugh.

Make 'em cry.

Make 'em wait.

The show seems to be experiencing one of the pitfalls of a time jump. Everybody is acting like these events happened six months ago instead of five years. Brooke, Dixie and Bianca all seem to be in the throes of PTSD. It would help the explanation if these reactions were being triggered by something like the anniversary of the shooting or knowing that David was being released from prison or the person in the coma having their life support turned off. Right now, it just seems like nobody moved on except the Hubbards. There needs to be a reason for all these feelings to be on the surface.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want some rushed wrap up I am just sick of the tease, it oozes cheap gimmick to me. I think there is a way to do it without all of the big monitor blocking mystery patient's face and Oh what happened was...excuse me while I interrupt your explanation to say that I am tired of talking about the mystery topic we've been talking about off screen for five soap years. Or better yet, the hey wathc my give a big emotional speech at a grave site but I won't show you whose grave I am visiting.

No they absolutely shouldn't reveal too much too soon but teasing viewers with the info you are not revealing gets tired really quickly for me. Probably because I used to watch Passions and gave up after three years of that crap

• Members
The show just came back. I think people seriously need to hold their horses and wait. The other alternative would be to say nothing until the actual reveals but this way they are at least building up to those moments. I think they are going about it the right wayyou were always one of the most vocal posters of the show. These driveby "Im watching" posts aint flying. Give us more!

• Members

I'm fine with build up. I think it's honestly realistic that even 'five years later' folks are still dealing with things. It happens.

I watched a second time and I enjoyed it a lot more the second go around. Maybe I was cranky this morning? LOL

• Members

I guess we'll just have to disagree. I just see little things like the scene with AJ interrupting Miranda and think, really? did it have to be that soap trope? it would have been just as effective to have Miranda say "How do you think?" or IDK, I can wait fine, and I love build up, I just felt like they could have used a bit more tact in that department, their teases are just slightly heavy handed to me.

Obviously I love the show, otherwise I wouldn't be watching it.

• Members

Didn't Erica own 50% of Cortlandt? What happened to her shares?

I think Dixie is visiting one of these graves:

- Kathy: She was roaming around the party and got caught in the line of fire. (Yes, I know we didn't see her in the final episode, but maybe she was in the kitchen with Lucretia baking some cookies.)

- Krystle. She took a bullet for Dixie at the party. Dixie still feels guilt up until this day.

I think Tad leaving is recent. He must have gotten fed up with Dixie because of her loyalty to JR.

• Members

The Bianca/Miranda scenes were good. I think Denyse should find You Tube clips of Erica saying "Oh, mother!" and study them. She definitely should be Bianca's mother's girl!

I think we have the Celia thing guessed. I did not think of the Nina parallel but now that it's mentioned..

The grave seems to belong to Marissa. I mean, David would never shed a tear over Tad, would he? I can't imagine Tad choosing to leave. Dixie would be pissed not crying over his picture. I am pretty sure JR is in a coma.

I understand people still coping with something 5 years later, but this acting like it was yesterday is already getting on my nerves.

• Members

I also think all of the opening images that don't have character names should go. For example, I like the Miranda/AJ segment but the clips in the middle make it look crowded. I like seeing the visuals. I also think there should either be a picture frame around the images of the character poses if the images of the random clips were taken out or have the images slightly transparent in the background.

Archived