AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC is too slow moving, too geared toward old soap tropes, and skews too young with its youth scene. Not to mention, how many times can characters repeat themselves. It seems that every time Petey introduces himself, he has to do the whole Stanford dropout bit. And Angie can't stop repeating herself about her granddaughter.

I think I'm out with AMC. It's still as stale and unchanged as it was when it ended. I don't think OLTL is perfect but it's built for the 21st Century and though some people believe in simpler, happier times, that's just a trick of nostalgia and AMC isn't tricking me very well a couple of episodes in. I'm giving it the rest of the week but I don't think it's going to hold my attention beyond that.

AMC is too slow moving, too geared toward old soap tropes, and skews too young with its youth scene. Not to mention, how many times can characters repeat themselves. It seems that every time Petey introduces himself, he has to do the whole Stanford dropout bit. And Angie can't stop repeating herself about her granddaughter.

I think I'm out with AMC. It's still as stale and unchanged as it was when it ended. I don't think OLTL is perfect but it's built for the 21st Century and though some people believe in simpler, happier times, that's just a trick of nostalgia and AMC isn't tricking me very well a couple of episodes in. I'm giving it the rest of the week but I don't think it's going to hold my attention beyond that.

• Members

I give AMC a long leash because it is literally the second day and they have basically totally rebuilt the canvas. It's almost entirely exposition for the moment, but that will change. Most of it I like a lot.

• Members

Honestly what People don't realize Is how much harder it was to get all my children up and going over oltl . Oltl relatively easy because most of the actors live on the east coast and they left with much better spirits. Amc ginger smith had to really beg people to come a lot of people were burned by abc and what they did with the show and 2 months before they had no sets or actors.

• Members

Ohh AJ's on the soccer team. Adorable!

Miranda reminded me so much of her Mom's Mother Erica when Hunter was asking her out, especially when she nervously tugged her hair back. Imma be done when she does a random hair fluff...

Lol when Pete asked Heather how she keeps up w/her Facebook friend feed she said she "blocks the losers" Damn...

Heather: "Oh NO! If I get another detention, no more Honey Boo Boo for a month!" Wth?? laugh.png

Jesse's "huh.png ...All of 'em!" line was hilarious.

• Members

Yes it is! I love love love that AMC had to rebuild itself. I am also pleased at how they have rebuilt themselves. Parallells to Erica/Mona in Miranda/Bianca, Pete/Celia a likely nod/play on Nina/Cliff. I am so glad that Agnes was involved. The set up is great.

Archived