AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And AJ/Miranda have shades of Jesse/Jenny. Although I can only imagine the crossburning in front of ABC if Jenny had pulled a towel off a naked Jesse. tongue.png

Personally, I'm enjoying that we're seeing the rebuilding start with family and friendships other than romance. IMO, one thing soaps really fell down on in recent years is showing friendship. In two days we've gotten AJ/Miranda, Angie/Joe, Jesse/Zach (which will do since we can't have Tad or Greg) and even Brooke/Dixie being there for each other. I'll admit that one of my problems with the opening was focus on coupling these characters together but so far, other than Pete/Celia having a meetcute (and Jesse/Angie [!@#$%^&*] like a couple of greased weasels) we aren't jumping into insta-romances.

• Members

I agree on this 100 percent, though I do think that there has to be a little more action occuring in each episode to balance out all the character moments. Whenever I've written anything, I'm always accused of not putting action into each episode I've written LOL Now action could be something as simple as an explosion, a verbal smackdown, or a secret coming out.

Even with Pete/Celia, there was the meet-cute but at least this episode laid out the basic character structure of Celia. She is a sheltered girl that just wants to be a normal 18 year old girl! She wants to eat junk food, stay out all night partying, meet a guy, and just watch some cheesy reality shows but is being controlled by either this man or the headmistress.. or both! Totally makes sense, and I hope there is more development for her character before she is instantly coupled with Pete.

• Members

The most interesting person in that episode was Celia's friend Heather (I believe that was her name).

Celia is a dullard. I hate when characters spell out to me exactly how they feel. Could they put a more perfect pin on how they want her to come across? And that speech was horrendous.

Pete stalking teenage girls is weird, not cute or charming. He's almost a decade older than her (and if they've made him younger it's still weird because he is an ADULT).

It's funny remembering Eden Riegel sort of complaining on twitter about being the mom to a teenager now when she certainly looks old enough.

AJ and Miranda are honestly the best teenage characters I've seen on a soap in years and I've only experienced two episodes with them. Such great casting and no hamfisted "YOU WILL LIKE THEM RIGHT NOW" dialogue. In fact Miranda isn't all that likeable and I already love her.

Also, Angie and Jesse's scenes yesterday felt like some of the most authentic and truthful writing I've seen from a soap couple in a long time. They said all the pat "We're so thankful for everything" crap but they also were playful and sexy and really into each other. Loved it.

• Members

I'm perplexed about her. I keep going back & forth. The actress was cringeworthy at times but I liked all the pop culture references from her and also just her general ditziness. She's fun

I lol'd at her face at the beginning of the show when she realized Evelyn was in the room!

Archived