AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't think new viewers would care if the victims of the party are revealed right away. Like, so let's say we find out JR was the one who's dead in episode one. New viewers have no idea who JR is, so why would they care?

These shows want old and new viewers to watch. I think they're trying to hook new viewers by making the shows more racy/salacious... making them seem the new "it", modern thing. After that, they figure they'll stick around and get invested in the characters, ect.

• Members

I just checked hulu.com, and it looks like AMC is #3 and OLTL is #4 for popular episodes. Not bad for day #2.

I do think that AMC is appealing to long-term viewers rather then hooking the new viewers in while OLTL seems to

be hooking up the newer viewers quicker.

Plus, OLTL cast Corbin Bleu plus hooked up JWOWO for a cameo/recurring part

so that could be why they are getting newer viewers to sample the show.

Both methods are working, but for different reasons.

In the 1970s up through the early 2000s, AMC hooked younger viewers. In fact, when I was in college in the

late 90s/early 2000s.. we watched four shows... GH, DAYS, AMC, and Passions.

So in the past, AMC did hook up the younger viewers but lost their way in the last decade.

• Members

I didn't say that. I said I shared his views that it could have been more intriguing. Or at least a little bit more...energy. Everything was incredibly low-key.

I would have started with some sort of event, perhaps Adam and Brooke's long delayed nuptials and everyone in preparing for and gathering for them, rather than just A Day in the Life. Just something, anything to make things feel more vibrant (and no, I am not comparing this to the rager that was OLTL's premiere (though I admittedly loved it)).

• Members

I'm about to view today's episode, but in regards to the pacing/reveals/etc, it seems to me that they kinda wanted to have their cake and eat it, too. They wanted AJ and Miranda to be teens, so they did the five-year jump (also because they couldn't get everyone back from the end), but they also wanted to "pick right up" with the finale shooting, so they're having Brooke, Dixie, etc, be miserable five. years. later. and it's just weird. I would have been fine with them giving us a montage of what happened in the five years in regards to the shooting, revealing *everything* and then moving on with completely new storylines. There really wasn't a need to continue any of those related stories.

• Members

Oh, OK.

Well, you only said you shared his views, so I thought that included the Erica thing and revealing a victim in Episode 1.

BTW, Antoyne -

You haven't been malicious in any comment, so no need to apologize for your views. Everyone thinks differently. It's fun to debate (as long as it doesn't turn malicious).

smile.png

• Members

I honestly don't see how Cliff and Nina make this any better. Yes, it sets a precedent, but it all depends on how you write it. Petey is going around looking for her, hoping he runs into her, going to the school files to find her, checking out the firewall... Even if he's 25 TOPS, that's still a big difference. Grad students in my college don't usually go for freshmen, it's kinda of looked down upon.

That being said, I like what I've seen and I'm not against them. But, damn, he's a good looking guy, he doesn't need to be all thirsty for a barely legal girl. Some doubt or conflict within him for liking her would go a long way towards making this a bit less creepy.

• Members

It doesn't have the fast paced fell OLTL has but I think it will. I remember them saying Angie's crying made the control room cry at some point during the first round. So I am sure everything will pickup. If things happened quickly like OLTL we would be complaining that it is too Plot-Driven and they are force feeding us couples that we don't care about. We wanted character-driven drama again so we are getting it. This is a far-cry from the Frons infested AMC we are use too were as OLTL is fast paced like the last years of its ABC run but there are more human and character driven moments.

Archived