AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish all the shots in the opening were like Opal's. The screen looks balanced, not crowded. I like the little candid shot. I hope they clean that thing up. So far it looks like a poor fan project (and I know poor fan projects).

• Members

Cheap, I thought in the finale Joe/ Ruth revealed that they were moving back to Pine Valley full time. I guess the shooting changed those plans?

So sad to think that the original Martin home is no longer in the family. I wish Jake or Tad would have moved into it. I think the last time we saw the set was when Tad was shot, and had dreams about what his life would have been had Dixie not "died" in Switzerland. it looked like Tad/Dixie would have moved into Kate's home to grow old after raising baby Kate.

• Members
I don't remember that but even if that was the case, you bring up a good point in why they would change their plans. If Tad died, then that would be reason to not want to be burdened by the bad memories

• Members

I hope that it was not a Martin victim at the shooting, but it seems like this is the case. I cannot see Ruth being torn up about Marissa's death... she barely knew the girl after all. Tad or Jamie on the other hand, that would keep Ruth away.

I am so scared that they killed off Jamie.

• Members

Not sure.. I thought Dixie was living there at the time of the finale already to support JR. I guess when the house went up for sale, it was anyones guess about where she ended up as she and Tad were only rebuilding their relationship.

Yes, Adam, Dixie, and Brooke in house again... after all the years, after Adam went wing to wing trying to keep his affair with the nanny secret from his mourning wife. I know Brooke and Dixie have come a long way since then. Since Tad's death in 91, since Jamie's birth when Brooke asked Dixie to be the godmother, or the decade of co-parenting JR/Jamie. I guess this is the best part of soap opera, the opportunity for history to come full circle in real time.

I love the casting of AJ. I love his interaction with all the cast thus far. I hope that we get some more AJ/Adam scenes and AJ/Dixie scenes. Can you believe someone will be calling Dixie "grandma"? I guess she was young when she had JR, but Cady still looks way too young to be Grandma.

• Members

I wouldn't mind Liza, even Jamie Luner, back on the canvas. If she does come back, I would also love her back in Adam's orbit. Imagine Julia Barr and Jamie Luner going at it over Adam? Maybe it will make Luner's Liza more "Liza" like. I had a hard time connecting with her (both because of the writing and Luner's early portrayal).

Other potential town attornies: Jack Montgomery, Belinda Keefer (how fun would this be?! she is a familiar character and kind of a blank slate), Livia Cudahy (can't see them asking Tonya because of her set side antics)

Archived