Chrishell Stause Joined A Soap

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

not quite. I'm a Sami fan, and am 100% for any guy that takes her as she is, instead of demanding she 'better' herself, for them. I would actually LOVE for Brandon to return and have his sights set on Sami... :-D

what 'successful' storylines??? I'm drawing a blank. huh.png

let's not pretend that Bryan Dattilo's RL problems didn't have a lot to do with how Lucas has been handled by DOOL. That Sami/EJ have ridiculous chemistry, aside.

• Members

I agree. I still think Sweeney has the best chemistry with Dattilo, and I thought their trials and tribulations were great from 2003-2007 (their union was the only positive aspect of the show during the insipid Serial Killer/Captive Island fiasco). I loved when they reunited last year; they fit together perfectly so naturally. I guess the problem is that there's no true obstacle anymore if they were to get together, therefore the rooting value is gone.

Was Lucas already out of Sami's orbit by the time Rafe came onto the scene? I think he had already moved on to Chloe, but I could be wrong. It's all a blur.

P.S. While Chrishell isn't exactly Meryl Streep, I'm glad they're beefing up their female quotient against all their men aged 35-45 on the canvas.... and she never played the role of GH's Carly Corinthos at any point in her career, so there's already hope for her to last longer than 8 months.

• Members

Not necessarily. Lucas and Sami are complex enough to remain interesting long after they exchange I do's. However, that would take a head writer who'd know how to generate conflict between a couple "from within," something DAYS just doesn't have or do anymore.

I wish Chrishell all the best, but I have to be honest. The odds of any new female character surviving on this particular show are not that great.

• Members

No one is blaming Sami/EJ for Lucas getting the shaft. Does the pairing play a factor? Yes. But it all boils down to what the writer and producers want. And Dattilo's RL problems did play a factor, but Lucas still resonates well with fans. While most of his run was with him being involved with Sami, she needed him as much he needed her. Throughout the 90s, they heavily relied on each other, and Lucas did have periods when he was with Nicole & Chloe (and didn't interact with Sami that much) and I thought they were well.

Lucas should be front in center as a Horton but when you have idiots running the show then what do you expect?

• Members
I understand where you are coming from about Sarah, Jeannie, Noel Curtis,Dougie LeClair, Charlie Janning, Johnny (Marlena foster son), etc but Days needs some new characters not tied to Salem or tied via friendship or hatred toward an establish character. Days needs a new family.

• Members

Exactly what everyone else has said. Lucas and Sami were fantastic in the '90s and when I started watching full time, they were apart (Brandon was already here) but still worked. They have a lot of qualities that as Khan said, would work well with a "from within" problem but soaps in general seem reticent to do any of that [!@#$%^&*] any more. That's why you have Marlena/John acting ridiculous right now and why every starlet without their leading man on canvas has had to go through some horrible off screen break up. 2003-2007 Lumi was great, until they were broken up. I hated their reunion last year because it was so rushed and without any drama whatsoever, then it ended just as quickly. Lame.

I actually like Sami with EJ, if only because I don't trust anyone to write a Sami/Lucas pairing again that's realistic. Lucas' problem before was that he was defanged, when in actuality, he's a lot like Kate. The regime SEEMS to get that somewhat now, because as much as I enjoy Sami/EJ with this team's writing (it's the best writing for them since Hogan Sheffer's introduction of EJ and up until he made EJ a rapist), but it speaks volumes that most fans' favorite Sami scenes recently were the scenes of her and Lucas snooping in the evidence room. That's the kind of relationship they should have and I don't know why the show has never let them do it. Part of the reason they imploded in 2007 was because JER used Sami's hatred of Kate to break them up, making the drama between the women overblown and ridiculous amidst Kate's relationship with John and Sami wanting Roman/Marlena together. It was embarrassing for everyone involved (UGH, STAN).

I am actually liking Rafe a lot away from Sami, so I think adding a new woman either from his past -- I wish they'd done more with the fiancé he supposedly "killed" so maybe this connects to that -- or a new love interest could add excitement to him and Kate that has nothing to do with Sami or Stefano.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Seeing lots of rumors (but just that--rumors) that she is Cassie Brady. I'm surprised they'd bring Cassie back over some other characters, but if she's going to interact with Rafe maybe they've got some storyline ideas for Cassie in terms of Mommy/Daughter drama with Kate.

• Members

Kate has like 1 kid in town and he doesn't even have a story. Bringing back another makes sense since its been a while since we've seen her in meddling mode. Besides, Cassie's return is LONG overdue. Some may not care, but Im also interested in seeing how she interacts with Roman and what the dynamic is like with Sami. Man, this bitch is related to ALOT of people in town. Should be interesting to see her reconnect

• Members

Ah, I don't think it needs a new family. I think some characters who were formerly on the canvas could spice things up a bit. I see from everyone's posts that the show has improved (sadly, not enough for me to come back) but there's still work to be done. Take GH. Ron Carlivati brought back old faves and tied them in to new stories. Did it work 100 percent? No, but GH was must-see TV for several months.

Archived