DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

IDK. I used to think he was fine as an actor. Daniel just isn't that great of a character. I'm glad you like him though. I wish I could. I've tried. It just isn't happening. He just has the same expressions, he's always exasperated. And some actors just can't play drunk. I think he's clearly one of them, LOL. And I will be the first to admit that the writing for Daniel isn't there either, as much as they like to have the other characters prop him up as God. I almost wish there were more development for him. He just comes across as 'there' and then we constantly get told how wonderful he is. It doesn't work. I've so far only ever liked him with Chloe and in that triangle with Chloe and Lucas.

I actually DID like him with Parker this week. It was sweet and the kid adores Shawn. That kid who plays Parker is the most adorable kid ever. It's kinda funny I watched him on Dexter, then Last Man Standing, now DAYS lol. Go figure.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the referencing to the Nurse Ali storyline. That was one of the really good storylines Sally Sussman Morina wrote, before Langan turned the show into Sweet Valley High. I love that Nancy has gone back to her roots - what she and Craig did to Ali and Mike to get the chief the staff job was heartless and ruthless. I hated how the show watered them down once they were revealed to be Chloe's parents.

• Members

Just finished marathoning this weeks episodes. It was a good week despite the excessive Dannifoe storyline - I guess when I am enjoying the other 3 major stories, I can tolerate the weak one.

I don't care for Ejami (or Lumi or Safe for the record) but that was hot angry sex and was well conveyed. I feel Tomsell have really rehabilitated Sami as a character - this so much beats Marlena-lite. I also like how they are taking the time to let Nicole's internal conflict consume rather than selfishly pursue him (although she'll ruin Eric and estrange herself even further from the self-righteous Bradys and Hortons in the end).

Abby + Cameron = zzzzzzzzzzz.

I don't get Kayla and Maxine pimping Dannifer - It was Maxine's night and it was all about the Tanrangutan and his shrew. Seth gets the award for most annoying recurring actor ever this week. All this nonsense only makes me love Anne Milbauer even more! Chloe is such a cow to her - I hope Anne locks her in a bird cage! Oh, I agree with KMan101, his "drunk acting" was painfully bad.

Kristen monologues are amazeballs, but I'm so glad Stefano is fiiiiinally coming home.

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on Fri 3/8 episode.. the set used for Daniel's hotel room - is that the same (yet, redressed) set used for Kristin's hotel room. I'm pretty sure it is. I'm shocked. We get DiMansion back and (hopefully) get rid Kristin's hotel room and they're re-using the set in what.. 2, 3 epidsodes later! haha. Oh well.. glad that (hopefully) Kristin's hotel room set is gone. The set looks better the way they have it dressed as Daniel's room. Here's to hoping we wont be seeing it as a permanent set for the next 6 months.

• Members

Does anyone know why Days films 4 months ahead? Even though they are on a reduced production schedule how does filming 4 months ahead help them save money? So I am guessing then that the episodes currently airing were filmed in 2012! Does anyone know exactly how Days production schedule works? How many weeks of the year and at what times does the studio go dark?

• Members

Yeah, most likely what we are seeing now was filmed in either late October or November. I would think. It's horrible. They're pretty much filming July now. I guess it's to save money but someone more in the know about it would know why it's so far ahead. Y&R only tapes about a month ahead. Same for GH I think. Maybe 2 months for GH. Not sure about B&B at all. Days is of course the only one to tape SO far in advance.

• Members

I also don't understand how this saves them money. I know PC used to film ahead to save money but that was a half hour show. They filmed 2 episodes in a day and then took half the year off which saved money associated with maintaining a studio and staff/crew for a full year. I don't think Days films 2 episodes at once though (as that would seem like a nightmare for a 1 hour show)

Archived