DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I outright miss Chad not being in the Abby SL. I miss him not being in the Gabi/Will SL, either. Or welcoming Kristen into the DiMera mansion. We're not getting enough Chad in general!

I have been hooked by Days' storytelling the past few weeks -- proof how much I am enjoying the show, it is the first one I watch. Sami/EJ having multiple orgasms to the idea of killing Nick was disturbing as hell but I cannot deny the hotness factor. When Days does a good love scene, it really goes all out and out-trumps the other soaps. Sami and EJ spent an entire episode in bed! In a bed!

jfung, I know you are finding the Eric/Nicole story too slow but I am loving the slow build, the tension, the looks they are giving each other. This is the love story which has my full attention on Days right now. I know it is a B story behind Will vs Nick and Dannifoe but I just adore the way it is being told. Also, for what it's worth, AZ looks really pretty with crazy hair.

Chloe's bitchy friend Anne. :lol: And OMG, Ciara! I love that little girl who plays her. She single-handedly carried that Nighttime Hope SL a few year's back.

• Members

I def wouldnt call Sonny objective abd cakn, but it depends on who he is talking to. Sonny had no problem jumping in Nicks face when he accused Nick of trying to take Will's baby away cause he is gay, and the couple of rimes Will was giving Nick the benefir of the doubt, it was Sonny who said HELL NAW we aint LOL! I think he reps both his parents pretty damn good!

• Members

I've been loving them lately, over the past few weeks I feel like their scenes have been such an amazing highlight just because they have shown that they really work together. How EJ won't let Sami beat herself up over situations where they know she screws up because you see how much it hurts him for her to talk badly of herself. The scenes where Sami isn't shunned or shamed for her position but is just readily accepted and validated in her own feelings regarding the Gabi situation, or even in the scene you just mentioned where she is allowed to want vengeance on Nick and want to make his life a living hell because of what he has done to her son. It's real Sami, not Sami-lite for once she doesn't have to worry about moderation, she just feels what she feels and she doesn't have to worry about being judged or shamed by others. This is everything I wanted for the pairing, because it's so clear that it is everything Sami has ever wanted for herself to be loved and accepted just as she is.

• Members

Ugh! So they are 4 months in advance? Even worse!

I love Chloe's bitch friend Anne. I didn't like her before but Im digging her now. Chloe is absolutely awful to her. She better watch it before Anne goes psycho on her

I kinda appreciate that Nancy is back to plotting and scheming bc that heralds back to her early days when she was a manipulative bitch, but ugh to her doing this over this stupid Daniel plot. Something just turns me off of her enabling Chloe and supporting her obsession. She should be a better mother than this. I forgot all that history in regards to Mike and Laura. I loved Nancy throwing Mike's affair with Carrie at Jen. I didn't even realize Jen was involved in Chloe's leukemia story

Ugh, Hope is STILL wearing that ugly shirt.

wM6OxGe.jpg

Oh Kristen's dress is tacky

GBo4ZOB.jpg

And while Im on the subject of fashion, Abby has the worst fashion sense for someone her age

Roman and Marlena wub.png

Its about damn time that Stefano come back home

• Members

OMG. They're probably filming July right now. SMH. WTF is wrong with this show filming so far ahead.

Anyway ... today was decent. It was a tad on the boring side, but I loved Nancy getting in her digs at JenJen. I also enjoyed Kristen's wheels turning as John used Isabella to get through to Brady. I mean, the scenes were very sweet but John clearly came to PLAY. I was glad he stepped up his game. I see a different John already. I hated how he was becoming such an ass.

Seeing Marlena and Hope was nice.

And yes, it's far past time Stefano came home.

However the lighting on this show really sucks

• Members

I am LOVING the way they're using history with Nancy's return. I had never thought of Jennifer and Nancy in the same sphere at all, but the Nancy/Craig vs Mike thing really connects them. And I had forgotten some of the crap Nancy and Craig did to Laura, so calling that back -- and having Nancy refer to Laura's history of mental illness -- is fantastic.

I'm equally annoyed by Nancy enabling Chloe, but I can kind of rationalize it. Nancy let her father give Chloe up for adoption, and she grew up in terrible foster homes for years because of it. (This also -- if they would delve into it -- explains why Chloe is so fixated on reconstructing this "perfect family" she thinks she almost had, or had for a short time.) Just like the time Chloe roped her into making Brady think Chloe had died, Nancy is catering to Chloe's every whim because she thinks, on some level, that making her happy in the moment will erase or undo the crappy upbringing Chloe had until she was 16-17.

• Members

I tell you, they'd better. Because if they don't, none of this story is gonna work on any level. Most fans are already complaining that this is the real dud story on the show right now, so unless they step it up and give some valid character reasons why Chloe's suddenly become so neurotic about getting Daniel to love her, this entire storyline will suffer. And, I confess, your rationale is perfect and explains everything, but it won't work unless Chloe's inner struggle comes out more, because all we see right now is her being used as a plot device to split up the couple no one cares about.

• Members

I don't care what anyone says, I love Jennifer! It was mean, and said in the heat of the moment, but the "Are you clueless? You're clueless!" scene when she was exasperated with Daniel was funny. I was cheering her on.

I think Daniel/Jennifer would be great if it weren't for this boring scheming from Chloe and Nancy. I like Anne more than Chloe, especially if I add the "Anne is really a lesbian fighting her feelings for Chloe" angle that someone on this board thought would be a good story. I like Michael's ideas for how to flesh out Chloe's motivation more. I didn't know all that about how she grew up and it does make a lot of sense when you put it that way.

I did like the confrontation between Nancy and Jennifer, mostly because both were equally matched and Jennifer saw right through Nancy, as well as all the history references which made me look stuff up. Nancy got what she wanted for the short term, driving a wedge between Jennifer and Daniel, but Jennifer will fight back!

This story is still by far the weakest on the show for me though. Pleaaase, I hope Daniel isn't going to have drunk sex with Chloe. He really seemed to want her out of the room in the episode Friday, although maybe he was protesting too much because he is still attracted to her on some level. I also hope she won't make him think they had sex because he can't remember.

Looking forward to seeing John and Marlena talk on Monday probably. I liked John presenting Brady with stuff about his mom related to right before she died from Venice. (Was this specific thing with the gondola actually on the show at the time?) I liked Hope and Marlena, and Roman and Marlena. John seemed a little jealous of Roman at the end, which may make him fight to keep what he and Marlena have again instead of just being cold and distant.

It was good to explore Abigail still feeling guilt about her dad, some more. I liked both Chad and then Cameron being there for her. I also liked the mystery of who Cameron was calling -- guess it turned out to just be Abigail. I agree with missing Chad and wanting him on more in different stories, although I'm not looking for shirtless scenes; I find too much "skin show" offputting, especially when the bodies involved are too perfect or too muscle-y, and I tend to like it more when I can just appreciate good acting. Hopefully Chad will be on more now that Stefano is back.

Cat, I should clarify or take back what I said a little. I don't think the Eric/Nicole story is moving too slow. I still enjoy the scenes where Nicole is fighting her feelings and wondering what would happen if she told Eric, and I'm glad the show isn't rushing things. I just hope the show has a plan for where to go next with the characters.

• Members

I actually think Shawn Christian is a good actor stuck with a slapdash glommed together character who the show has kept redefining. He has range, emotion, subtlety, and charisma as Daniel. I don't feel like I'm watching monotone Steve Burton or Grayson McCouch. On ATWT, the Rosanna/Mike/Carly stuff was mostly Maura West, but if Mike Kasnoff had completely nothing to him, I don't think the story would have taken off like it did.

Archived