DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good episode Thursday! Loved seeing more of Rafe and Kate, and her concerns about Stefano. Liked Will coming to realize how Nick was affected by prison, and also how pointless it is to try to reason with Nick as Nick just goes after what he wants and is able to convince himself that it is right for everyone. It was compelling watching Nick turn it around saying they couldn't tell Gabi because he didn't want to see Will go to prison because she would tell Rafe ... Wow, "unbelievable," as Will said, but the scary thing is Nick really does believe it when he is saying that stuff.

Loved Sonny's questions to Will about how Will will be able to explain his decision to the rest of town, and to his daughter later. Loved Sonny's supportiveness too -- the hugs, the light kisses. Good to see Chad and Stefano's awkward talk and I'm glad Chad was asked again to move into the mansion. I think EJ and Sami *are* going to end up moving in there sooner or later and Stefano will be involved in getting the evidence that incirminates Will, as was previewed by their talk. Good writing to tie everything together.

I agree that the Dannifoe storyline is largely off on its own island while everything else is tied together better, although Jennifer has been involved with Nick to an extent, showing concern that he might be moving too fast with Gabi when she was writing the letter for him.

Friday should be the start of wedding stuff, or maybe next Monday ... I think Vargas is coming out of jail too ... Maybe Vargas will see Nick because of Vargas's connection to Hope through the outreach program and Hope being involved with the wedding, and that will be a Friday cliffhanger as Nick and Gabi are about to get married. I'm hoping there will be something like that as wedding cliffhangers never get old, even for small-scale weddings like this one! Soap opera at some of its most addictive.

• Members

I want to add also that jfung79 I love your commentary on the show. You are what I would call a "trained Soap watcher". You really know the genre and can see the potential in the show. Keep up the commentary. You have a lot of fans on this board.

• Members

I'm really glad I'm spoiler free, aside from casting news, these days. I'm anticipating that Nick may be the one to break off the wedding if he gets wind of Vargas back. I'm getting shades of Sami breaking off her Austin wedding because she was afraid that the Gloved Hand (did she ever find out that was EJ? Did anyone? He did try to kill Stephanie too...) was going to reveal her secrets at the altar.

• Members

Wow, they did it, they went through with the wedding. I'm largely without spoilers too, Ira; I think it's the best way to watch! No cliffhanger with Vargas (who was quite sinister today), but that's okay, it was still alright. Jennifer, Hope, and Rafe were the only guests.

Nick mentioned his dad and mom had gotten married in the Horton house as well, and I see JAS0N47 posted clips of that in the video forum. I think that was a nice touch to refer to that in the episode.

Nick was serious about viewing Rafe as part of the family now. Liked Rafe trying hard to be happy about Nick for Gabi's sake and to overcome his doubts about Nick, but I wish EJ hadn't stopped Sami from telling Rafe the truth about what's happened. The secret needs to come out soon to somebody that Will has given up his rights at least, if not the blackmail part.

Loved Caroline's gift to Gabi and her telling Nicole she trusts Eric's judgment about the prisoner rehabilitation, as well her Alzheimer's being worked in again. Dare I hope Caroline will be on again soon?

Laughed at Sami's over the top fantasies about awful it would be to suck up to Kristen and Stefano. Viewers can see that the real Kristen of today is a little less one-dimensional than that, even if she is plotting against John and Marlena.

I guess the show is toying with whether John still has feelings for Kristen. Brady seems to think so. I wonder how Kristen will react to that news. I liked Marlena's cold glancing at the cell phone when Kristen showed her the text from John's assistant. I feel like John was nicer to Marlena Friday than he has been in some of the previous episodes, like when he offered to get her chair at the end. They are also both getting more frontburner, with the cliffhanger ending on them. I can imagine John and Marlena fans are probably still upset with how the couple is being written though. Would love to see what marlenafan thinks.

Overall, another solid episode. The show really is better without Chloe and Daniel, the greatness of Anne Milbauer notwithstanding LOL. Also, thanks ivanmmd, I'm much less of a knowledgeable or seasoned soap viewer as a lot of the people here, but glad you still find my commentary insightful and glad you seem to be liking the show too.

Archived