DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well yeah, i get the daniel hate and it sucks maggie is propping him - but what else would she do?

Maggie being anti-Daniel would be one of the most out of character things in soap history.

I wish they would undo this mess. They basically did it to make Melanie her granddaughter, and now shes gone. It was bad from the start because one of the things that made the Maggie/Melanie dynamic so interesting was that Maggie had no obligation, no relation, no real reason to stick right by her and help her, she did it because they just formed a bond.

At least Maggie wasnt here for dan/jen at first this go around and was against it, i liked that. But i dont see how they could have kept that going.

• Members

no they don't have to make her anti-Daniel, but they could have her neutral and stay out of his personal life. I guess its to give her something to do but it doesn't do her any favors at the end of the day, when it comes to a fanbase that despises her spawn. Id rather they go throw her back in the Nick/Will story. Have her back Will bc he's Lucas son (and they've always been close), which puts her at odds again with Julie who backs Nick.

• Members

Maggie was also involved with Brady Monday talking about John and Kristen. She wasn't just used to prop up Daniel. The show was using Maggie as a matriarch figure for people to go to for advice, and I for one think it was great!

I liked Nancy throwing cold water on Chloe's delusions. Finally! Someone needs to get through to her.

I loved Kristen talking sense into Jennifer to get active, and talk to Daniel. Kristen's reaction to the events brought pizazz and energy to the table, and I think the Dannifoe story would benefit from having more of Kristen's involvement. Being involved with her old friend Jennifer is something that also further humanizes Kristen. I think Kristen was not entirely lying when she told Jennifer that she and Brady have obstacles but she'd fight to be with him. But I loved the flashback at the end showing Kristen's pain at John leaving her, establishing again why she wants to hurt him back.

The Daniel/Jennifer story felt like less of an island Monday with the intersection with Brady and Kristen, and also Abigail/Jennifer's scene at the beginning mentioning the wedding before Abigail went to the hospital. Glad to see the Daniel/Jennifer story more integrated with the other stories.

I think the kid actor playing Parker is really good to be able to say his lines at such a young age.

Wow, so Cameron was on the phone with that guy last week too huh, not Abigail? What is he doing handing off cash? I love this little mystery! Cameron looked ashamed like he was paying someone off to keep a secret. Definitely didn't seem above board and legal. It could just be a loan shark though. I was kind of hoping he was meeting up with Vargas .. It would have been a stunning twist. I'm greedy, I want every day to have something to do with the Will story!

The plot device of the "open door" was not really a big deal to me in its use Monday when it was just about possible eavesdropping and not about breaking into a room like Chloe, Toups. Hearing through an open door happens in real life. You can hear through a closed door too. Good point that it was kind of sloppy last week when Chloe was using it to get in Daniel's hotel room though.

Felt bad for Roman that Marlena asked him to stay away for awhile for her marriage's sake.

Glad John admitted to Marlena part of what he is doing. I had a feeling earlier in the episode he was probably just pushing her away so she wouldn't let it slip to Brady or Kristen that she and John were on the same page, and he pretty much confirmed it at the end. I hope Brady didn't hear it all!

• Members

Maggie and John had conflict in Langan's years because she was a meddling busybody gossip. I didnt like any of it lol.

I dont remember them ever clashing over Brady for his drinking but I could be wrong. Ive missed things here and there and dont have the greatest memory towards every detail lol.

• Members

Like I said, I could be wrong but the only time I really remember Maggie and John clashing ON-SCREEN was during the Langan years (2000/2001 mostly) when Brady was so nasty and Maggie was a gossip about it, causing them to clash. But that was also when Marlena and Maggie were allowed to be friends. Why they aren't interacting now boggles my mind.

Maggie and Brady have only been close when Eric Martsolf played the role. Brady was turned into a junkie after Lowder left, if I remember correctly.

Not trying to say JP is wrong or anything, it's more of how the show tries to play it. I like Maggie and Brady's relationship. She used to be that way with Lucas, always there for him and supportive. I miss that relationship.

• Members

He very well could be right.

Maggie was def a busy body right around 2000 and that was her only role, but I am pretty sure part of that was her and John clashing over Brady and her thoughts on him, but myabe that was when Marlena hated him and Maggie was still her bestfriend.

Brady & Maggie definantly had some kind of a relationship when Kyle Lowder was in the role, but im not sure of the time frame or details, because when Marstolf came on they picked that up and deepend it with his addiction.

Maggie & Lucas bonding over being alkies was nice, she has always been there for him and then they even crafted this sami/maggie relationship when sami was dating him that they have kept when it serves plot. Maggie also had a good relationship with Will from this.

maggie really is one of those characters that works all over the canvas.

Archived