DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

As Cheap21 said she looks tacky and it doesn't suit her pedigree. However Kristen has always been badly dressed, even in her first run - she would be wearing tacky jumpers when Marlena would be in her 1990's power business suits.

I think the ratio of blond to brunette is well balanced. It's just that besides Chandler, I can't think of any blonde guys on the show. If there were more blonde guys, I think the blonde girls wouldn't seem too much.

I think Will is a bottom too, but he just doesn't know it yet!

How amazing would it be if she was helping Kristen again!

Dude oozes hawt rough sex. I'm sure his pheromones are being secreted through my TV screen. I'm thinking Greg Vaughan doesn't mean what I am thinking when he says that he got Vargas'd tongue.png

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MV5BMTMyMjczNDI5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDQ1

Is "Vargas'd" an in joke between the actors now? I wonder if that's a hint of something ridiculous that happens to him in a future episode...

Random tidbit about Anne, while we're creating backstories for her: Milbauer is the same last name as the funeral hom director that was involved in the Melaswen storyline and died after burning all the files on the buried bodies. I doubt there's a connection, but how awesome would it be if she started yammering about "my father's funeral home" and looking for revenge against the Hortons and Bradys?

• Members

IDK. Maybe it just seems like there are so many blonds since they are always front burner. Lol

Someone needs to do a fanfic about Eric getting Vargas'd since that will never ever appear on our tv screens lol. BTW, I agree with everyone's assessments of Kristen's outfits. I'm glad that we aren't in the JER days when one day would last for 5 weeks and Kristen would be on every single day. I don't think I could stomach seeing that blue dress or the other tacky outfits for weeks at a time like I had to back then. One more random thought. I miss Celeste (Tanya Boyd's version, not that imposter we recently had). Remember how stylish she was back then? I literally had female friends in high school who used to buy their outfits and do their hair to match Celeste's style. And no one in Salem could rock a hat like Celeste.

• Members
I love this aspect of the story. The one person who has made EJ rethink his evil ways is the person who is pushing him back to the dark side. That's some brilliant writing.

That's what happens when you dip into some good cougar-cooch. It matures you a bit. True story.

Sometimes I wonder if he improvises some of those lines (Like the "I hate prison" bit) If so, I think he needs to keep doing it. I don't think many of the writers truly get the Lucas character so he is usually just wasted. He is a very unique character on the canvas and I think that the show would benefit from him being on more if they can continue to put him into scenes where Lucas can shine.

• Members

I'm loving him again too. I just have to know what everyone thinks is what makes Lucas such a unique character on the show? What really defines him? I confess I was a 90s fan who lapsed in '99 and didn't come back until The Baby Switch in '09, so I've missed a LOT of his time on the show and his changes.

Any tidbits will help!

• Members

Lucas, to me, is an extremely important character. His introduction I feel anchored Kate and Victor more into the series. Kate as his mother, Victor as his stepfather and subsequent involvement with Sami and her clan. I know Victor became important to the Bradys in the 80s, but this made him important to a new generation of storytelling.

I think he's unique in that he's a Horton and an outsider, one of the more successful "secret parentage" stories on a soap, particularly this soap. I think he's a character who inherently wants to do good, but falls prey to his impulses to act petty or scheme for a means to an end. But he's never been a real villain to me, except for the period where the show had him luring Sami off a damn cliff with a Will doll (the less said about that, the better). And I find it fascinating for Days to have an essentially hero character who isn't particularly heroic all the time. When Sami is written correctly, like she is now, she's this way too. My favorite characters on soaps have always been the in-betweens, Bos and Stefanos are fun, but it's the grey characters who get my heart and attention because they come across as real people.

Which is why it kinda makes sense to me that Will isn't a grey character. He lashed out when he was coming out, but all of Days' hero stories have had moments like this. With Lucas/Sami as parents, of course he became more like Carrie. I just wish that meant Sonny was more of a bad boy like his family, because it's kinda odd how everyone judges Will as maybe turning out like his parents when he's always tried NOT being like them except for during his coming out and that brief period as a child where they had him doing weird things like pushing Abby off swing sets.

• Members

EEvQSSi.jpg

JAvZvqn.jpg

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png:wub:wub.png I love his hairy chest biggrin.png

jm5ltHe.jpg

She truly looks awful and that dress is doing her no favors

Im so over John and Marlena. John needs to STFU and I wish Marlena would tell him to get over himself. He is acting like a little bitch

F4dncdx.jpg

Anyways back to Cameron biggrin.png

• Members

I know this sounds random, but when did Victor develop this wicked sense of humour? Because when I was watching during JER 1.0, he had had a stroke and couldn't speak for the first year, and all older clips I find of him he's completely humourless in every way. It's such a wonderful thing they've found in Victor's acid tongue. Having villainous Victor have that biting wit would have been interesting to see.

• Members

My name is actually Caroline and 9/10 times people call me Carolyn. Even though it's phonetic. I actually go by Carrie, like Carrie Brady, but at my wedding, the minister said Carolyn and my mom stood up to correct him to say it was Caroline.

• Administrator

A plot device I hate is people not closing the door all the way, so someone can overhear/see the conversation - and this was used twice in today's episode.

Another not-closing-the-door scene happened last week when Daniel left his room to get ice which is how Chloe got in his room.

Tomlin/Whitesell are using this plot device way too much.

Archived