DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

I hate that Nick married that basic bitch. I have to say, his inmate roommate is pretty hot

I love the idea of both Sami and Brady living at the Dimera mansion at the same time. The siblings dating siblings with Stefano as the overbearing father in law can be tv gold if done right. LMAO at Sami's fantasies

Kristen: "Sami, you didnt have a problem with me dealing with nick when he was in your way. Your mother was in my way. This is how the Dimeras deal with problems" laugh.png

Nicole: "There's going to be an ex-con living here"

Caroline: "You?" laugh.png

34y5wl2.jpg

For the love of God, can something be done about Jennifer's wardrobe? Her dress was so ugly

see thats what we've been saying...lol. Anything surrounding Daniel really is the worst the show has to offer

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would have to agree.. though I think Chloe has potential. Why isn't she more involved in the Brady/Kristen story? More involved in the Nicole/Eric situation? Shame they made Daniel the father of Parker, cause if they had kept it as Philip... she and Kate would have more scenes.

Plus, I love Anne... while she isn't a lead character, she provides the show with additional texture. An audience voice, if you will. I'd like to see her chemistry tested with Lucas since they both would be very snarky with one another... maybe interact her with Sami. Maybe even have her be a bi character.

• Members

I love how Caroline uses her condition to F*ck with people - calling Nicole Chloe was funny.

If Anne has a secret crush on anyone, pretty sure it would be JenJen. Chloe may be way hotter, but I think Anne secretly wants to pin Jen down and ravage her.

Just marathoned the entire week - I wish I wasn't so busy so that I could watch it daily. This show is solid. The storylines are a bit pedestrian, I mean none of these will ever make any top10 list of the greatest storylines ever told by this show. But the day to day scripts are so strong that I am really engaged with it and keeps me wanting more. Each scene seems to have a purpose and has been thought out, whether to move plot along, flesh out character motivation, or more preferably both.

Brady is either so dumb or sex with Kristen must be amazeballs. Was Isabella dumb too? I only started watching around the time she died.

Lumi scenes were great. Made me realise that it's not only Sami who needs to be rehabilitated as a character (which the show has done because I enjoy her again, something I hadn't since Austin left her at the altar in Vegas in 2002) but Lucas too. Lucas has a raging internal anger in him, or at least BD plays him that way, I don't really understand why.

I like that Kate, Rafe and Gabbi don't know what Nick has done. It really shakes up the dynamics and keeps it interesting. I'm really excited to see Vargas and Nick interact.

My only real complaint about Dannifoe is the Dan part. This story would be on fire if Dan wasn't in it (or on the show...) I've never seen anyone really root for the character or the actor on messge boards, but keep hearing he tests well with focus groups. I thought that was nonsense until I checked the FB page for Days. OMG! I need to adjust my expectations of humanity downwards! Real people rooting for Daniel is the least of the wtferry going on there.

• Members

Oh, random question, can someone clarify how Caroline's name is supposed to be pronounced? Some characters say it like Carolyn and others say it like Carol-line. Thanks! I'm not sure if she deliberately called Nicole Chloe or if it really was the Alzheimer's. I like your interpretation that it might have just been to "f" with Nicole, SouthofSoap.

Also, love all your other pbservations as well in your posts, such as about Lucas's internal anger and wondering where it comes from. I don't mind Daniel although I don't think I am "rooting for him" either. I don't think Brady is completely stupid, since Kristen does legitimately like him and perhaps love him and at worst he is collateral damage. It's not like she wants to hurt him.

• Members

lol..I love how we've made up our mind that Anne's secret backstory is that she's a lesbian and in love with one or both of Daniel's women. I would love it if she turned her anger regarding Jennifer towards him and killed him so she could be their to "comfort" his women as they grieve him

its the latter

• Members

Well Lucas has been screwed over by every woman on canvas he's ever been involved with and his mother pretty much controlled his life whether he wanted her to or not well into adulthood. His internal anger is pretty logical to me.

• Members

LOL...well that would be interesting. However, I would rather that she kidnapped him, shackled him to a wall standing up (i.e John at Maison Blanche), stripped him down to his boxers, scratch that...i meant boxer-briefs and tortured the heck out of him and got her revenge that way. Daniel is only good for looking hot, being in hot scenes and being half-naked.

• Members

Random Observations:

• Kristen really loves her patterns and prints doesn't she?
  • This show has too many blond chicks
  • I just love how Marlena always uses proper English
  • Brady walks in rhythm like he is dancing in a musical.
  • I am guessing Gabi's dress is the something old. Did she get is from Alice's attic?
  • I am convinced that Jennifer is also wearing Alice's old clothes
  • I am officially behind this EJami pairing now. They have worn me down and I actually like them together
  • Will is definitely the bottom in that Wilson pair
  • Allison Sweeney always looks bigger on DAYS than she does on Biggest Looser. Why is that?
  • Jennifer has a really nice body
  • Rafe is f--king a 60 year old. That just dawned on me.
  • I miss Vivian Alamain
  • Those blue walls in Gabbi's room make me want to poke my eyes out
  • Chandler Massey and Blake Berris scenes are a win
  • Anne and Nancy are the best things about the Dannifail story.
  • I want Carrie to come back just so that she can yank that pink streak out of Sami's hair.
  • Vargas is hella-HOT!

• Members

tumblr_mjojq9HnMu1s49pvso1_400.jpg

Kate's 60? LOL...how old is Billie supposed to be? Isnt she at least early 40s with Austin slightly older than that? She wasn't a teenager when she had them was she? I thought she was at least in her 20s. BTW, whatever age the character is supposed to be, LK looks divine

tumblr_mjprulnC671r9c8mno1_500.gif

I wish they would get Kristen out of the animal prints, especially the colored ones like that blue number she was sporting for most of last week. For someone so rich, it just looks tacky

tumblr_mjpypnfMh51r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mjpypnfMh51r9c8mno2_250.gif

IA on your assessment of Anne and Nancy. They are delicious to watch. I need to have them meet now and conspire together

I love EJ/Sami. I find it ironic that he's done such a good job of turning his life around and being a genuinely good guy in part to win her back, and she's wanting him to go back to his evil underhanded tactics. She better be careful what she wishes for bc if he starts, he may not be able to stop himself

I don't think there are too many blonde girls. We have Jenn, Marlena, Sami, Nicole, Kristen and Abby. Who am I missing? It feels as if there are just as many brunettes to balance it out

LOL...while Im not interested in seeing Carrie anytime soon, that's a funny thought

Yes Vargas is hot

I liked that how when Rafe saw Sami with EJ, he didn't rip into her about what happened at the station or bitch them out. I thought that was mature of him as I was expecting him to get all condescending.

tumblr_mjnvcgs3hl1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mjnvcgs3hl1r9c8mno2_250.gif

tumblr_mjpzwk8i391r9c8mno1_500.gif

I forgot to comment on this, but this past week was the best writing for Lucas in a LONG time. He always comes across so bitter and awful but he was fun and had some good lines

• Members

Yeah, I think that would make one bitter. Anger shouldn't last 2 decades - Lucas seems to be one traffic mishap away from road rage rampage. I think its the way BD plays him, who comes accross as angry IRL too - JMHO.

Its definitely Caroline officially, although some characters seem to say Carolyn.

Aww thanks, but my posts are no where nearly as well reasoned and thought out as yours! I love your posts!

• Members

I loved that fantasy. Not only was it amusing, but it really gives the audience a window into Sami's head. She tends to look at situations very one-dimensionally and that's why she acts so impetuously at times. Although Sami is supposed to be a smart character (at least that's how she was originally written when first introduced), she has a pretty simple black and white way of looking at situations.

I definitely see Marlena/John getting more of a story, given what will happen next week (check the NBC previews if you don't know). My opinion still hasn't changed regarding the writing for them though. John would never knowingly allow Kristen's schemes to come between him and Marlena. This is a bit contrived so that Kristen can be in the driver's seat. The John and Marlena I know would present a united front against Kristen, even if there were issues between Jarlena. John would also want to protect Marlena from Kristen so leaving for months would have been out of the question. However, I am interested to see what John's plans are for Kristen and Brady. Hopefully, John and Marlena will find their way back to each other during this ordeal.

Archived