DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

She really does.

I guess I dont remember them being close when Lowder was in the role. Im so used to Martsolf now that Lowder's Brady is like a different character though they both ultimately have a lot of traits (the ugliness at times, etc.) and I liked both in different ways.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate that they've completely ruined the Maggie and Chloe relationship. LMAO at Nancy ready to take on Maggie though

I cant with Jennifer crying over Daniel like some lovesick teenager

Yes to Anne taking on that brat Abby! She had so many good digs in and I cant wait till they gif them

• Members

Seeing that video clip made me miss the DAYS that had a good budget! haha. We get so accustomed to the way things are now - its kind of shocking to look back on the show years ago and see how big the sets were and how many characters were in just that one scene.

• Administrator
Yeah, I started to dislike her a couple years ago, especially when she started to date Victor. I just hate how castrated Victor is when he's around her. Then my dislike for Maggie intensified when she became Daniel's mother (Daniel makes every character worse). I long for the days of old Maggie, where she would babysit the kids, or be sounding board, and would show up during occasions and festivities. I like Maggie Horton much better than Maggie Kiriakis.

I also hate seeing John being written out of character. There's no way in the world he would ever speak or act like this towards Marlena, even if he was upset with her.

• Members

Anne to Abby: "I suppose you think It's yours? God, deliver me from you Hortons. You just may be the worst of the lot"

"Let me tell you something. If you weren't a Horton, your ass would be in jail"

"The truth is your an elitist little snoot who thinks the world revolves around her just like your mommy. You know what, your even worse"

laugh.png I LOVE HER!

Chloe to Maggie: "Don't you have anything better to do than play matchmaker between your niece and your son?" Damn! LOL

Brady rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Members

Chloe is the absolute worst past of this show right now, even slightly worse than dan/jen in general.

Id seriously be ok with maggie having Victor take care of her so she could have her grandchild.

Ive not been able to watch daily recently, but heard they mentioned Nancys issues with Mike, is that true?

• Members

OMG CarlD2, this clip is crazy. Thanks for posting. The violence is so over the top. Kyle Lowder's acting was not good whenever that was. I don't think I even want to know what prank Brady is talking about that Marlena pulled. They all look so young too. I don't think this scene has a lot more actors than would be together on Days now though. Just recently, the Christmas episodes, and Nick/Gabi's first wedding, both of those also had a lot of actors. I don't get a big-budget feel from this clip, just a WTF feel.

• Members

Tuesday's episode -- I *loved* all the stuff with Brady and Kristen. Wow!

Brady feeling like Kristen is the one person he can count on and loves most in this world, and finally proposing marriage to her after feeling betrayed yet again by John and Marlena ... Kristen genuinely taken aback, having just told EJ that she did not dare to hope for something like that again, marrying the man of her dreams -- she has geunine feelings of love ... She told EJ she knows it can't be happily ever after but she hopes she and Brady can have something all the same and won't be miserable. EJ remembers feeling the same way about him and Sami.

Loved EJ/Kristen trying to help each other, Kristen snapping at EJ when he was probing too close to her emotional heart. I'm glad EJ will be there for Kristen when/if Brady finds out some of what she had been up to and turns on her. It's kind of awkward though since lying about EJ as a baby is kind of the reason John left Kristen at the altar, right? The show has to skirt around that huge age/SORAS issue and just treat EJ and Kristen as siblings without going too deep into it. Their scenes still work well.

Abigail stopped Anne from going into the room because she was trying to protect Cameron. But she still doesn't know what it was all about, and neither do we. I can understand Anne's frustration at Horton/Brady/DiMera nepotism in Salem, even though I don't like that she plots against characters I like. Anne didn't deserve to be called names or to have her arm jerked by Cameron.

Daniel going there with Jennifer saying she was pushing him away because of Jack was a bit out of left field but still does make sense ... It makes sense why he would think that. I am both frustrated at the continued miscommunication between the two of them and in awe at how the show is pulling off that classic soap trick of dragging story out, exploring real emotions and issues along the way. I liked Maggie continuing to get in Chloe's face and dimissing Nancy! I would still rather this story not be on as much as it is though.

Poor Marlena, being blamed by John after Brady's meltdown.

i was fooled by Brady's fakeout with John and Marlena for the first half of the show. It seemed heartfelt. Nice twist!

Can't wait for tomorrow, Kristen responding to the proposal ...

• Members

I can never get past John - who was still the show's central hero at this point, I'd say - whooping a cop's ass. I guess you could say he was trying to protect his son, but still. I never can believe they did that.

My favorite part is always Sami and Greta randomly standing outside, Sami outraged at not being let in.

Archived