DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

The thing is, didn't Nicole's hair look good the previous day?! Then on today's opening she looks like she's on Melaswen.

The thing is, didn't Nicole's hair look good the previous day?! Then on today's opening she looks like she's on Melaswen.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they will kill off Nick, but they might have a mystery where he is almost killed. He could easily be in a coma for a period of time while the mystery is going on, then point the finger when he wakes up, which doesn't have to be at the right person. It seems they are gearing up for something. Vargas could be the culprit who scares him into accusing someone else. This would also prolong the baby drama if it is Will he accuses. Plus give some drama for Sonny and Will.

I love Sami's dark side coming back. I actually wish that Sonny had gotten a little dark over seeing Will being mistreated. Maybe not as much as Sami, but enough for him to have a few heated arguments with Nick. Yesterday was it? he seemed so calm when Will told him about his confrontation with Nick and sounded more like a PSA. They need to give both these boys some balls.

They also need a DiMera family dinner or party. For the dinner imagine having Stefano, Kristen, Chad, EJ, Sami and Brady together and then Stefano inviting Kate as a truce and John and Marlena as torture. Plus maybe Eric and Nicole or not. Or having a party with everyone invited.

• Members

I like Sonny's usually calm exterior. Just because he is calm doesn't mean he isn't going to do what he can to stand up to and stop Nick. I don't think being calm but firm like Sonny, or trying to see the other side like Will before he found out the truth from Nick on Wednesday, means you don't have "balls."

Also, I don't think they'll kill off Nick either. I was relieved that Sami walked back from the edge a bit on Wednesday. They just want to make it look like Nick violated his parole, and get the evidence that would incriminate Will for shooting EJ. It was scarily hot to me though when Sami was being the "evil succubus" urging Nick's demise and when EJ was turned on by it.

I was intrigued by Vargas on Wednesday -- I don't think he's going to be as one-dimensional bad as he seemed at first. When he was having his flashback to his "I'll protect you now even though you extended my sentence by 3 years, but you'll pay me back later" conversation with Nick, it didn't seem like he was relishing revenge in the present day. He just seemed like he was thinking. teplin, I agree with you, I hope finding out more about Nick's experience in prison will make Nick more sympathetic to viewers.

I liked how Nick still said he didn't hate Will even though he admitted he thought Will and Sonny were disgusting, and how he still said Sami was a factor in his decision to cut Will off entirely even though he admitted he would have gone for full custody because Will is gay. It gives me enough layers to him still.

Like your idea of a DiMera family party.

Cheap21, good point that Daniel could have stayed with his mom and Victor. I don't think Daniel intended for Chloe to take over his apartment indefinitely, just until "the end of the month," so it was a spur of the moment thing where he called a hotel and booked a room.

As for my overall reaction to the past two days, I thought Wednesday was pretty good. Not mentioned yet, I liked Kate trying to trick her grandson by telling him Sonny had told her everything.

Thursday, Thursday was okay ... The cliffhanger with John, seeing him face to face with a gloating Kristen and Brady at the DiMera mansion, was adequate. I liked Brady and Maggie, and Brady and Victor. Eric and Nicole were okay, and using Ciara was fine to make the parallel, but I think it's about time there was something new. We've established Nicole's inner conflict well enough by now. I was glad that Kayla was finally not being doctor doctor all the time, though it was a little weird that it was for the Daniel/Jennifer story and not any of the stories that have affected her family. I liked that Maxine was getting a party in her honor, and the way she got Daniel to go. I loved Anne's commentary (she can't lip read as well as she thought, LOL), and Chloe's panicked reaction to it, about Daniel and Jennifer's talk.

Nancy Wesley is getting on my nerves as much as Chloe already, especially with the actress's dramatic winks to the camera (sorry for any fans out there!), but I am glad she did try for about a minute to truly remind Chloe that you can't make someone fall in love with you, even if the rest of the time she was all rah rah hate Jennifer and lying to Daniel about it. BTW I did some reading about Nancy's time on the show because she referenced getting rid of Mike Horton. Seems like she is picking up where she left off.

• Members

Yeah, the baby Sami thought was hers who had been switched by Nicole with Sydney. Gabi told Rafe when telling him at the hospital that she was naming the baby Arianna Grace that it was because of how much Rafe had cared for Grace and how it had affected him when she died. (I read on another board that how Rafe cared for a baby he thought was EJ's was kind of like how Nick cares for Gabi's baby -- even though it's not Nick's biologically -- so it's also meaningful for Gabi in that sense.)

• Members

I think what I would want is to see Sonny be the true son of Justin and Adrienne. They are both strong characters who have a presence. This would add a great contrast to Will who grew up in a family with dominant personalities that made him painfully insecure and more submissive in certain ways. Sonny would be a great way to show what a young man is when he grows up with strong personalities but in a healthy environment.

Sonny at the moment is more than calm, I can't quite put my finger on it, his talking to Will about bigotry made him sound like Will's guidance councillor, he comes across as an objective third party sometimes, like he has no emotional investment.

You can be calm and have fire in you. That strength that allows other people to know you don't have to yell or scream to be a strong presence or to get a point across. I just don't see it in Sonny, maybe it is Freddie, his presence as a strong but calm character is not that strong to me.

• Members

I like that Sonny is strong and steady. His emotions dont control him, he doesnt lash out.

I def see him as strong, confident, but thoughtful and as someone who process things before he acts. Hes the voice of reason, and has been like that from the start. Its a noce contrast from all the crazy people in his age range.

• Members

I can see what you're saying even though I disagree. I especially like your compare and contrast between Will, and what Sonny could show in terms of growing up also with parents with strong personalities, but in a healthier environment.

I thought what you thought was a guidance counselor moment came across passionate and maybe even too harsh about people who are homophobic though. When Sonny said people are lying to themselves and hiding behind notions of family, I thought it was a real "you're a mean liar like Nick Fallon" kind of moment to any viewers like that in the audience. I was worried they would feel personally attacked instead of going away from it rethinking their unconscious biases.

I agree with JackPeyton that Sonny's calm confidence and rationality are a nice contrast with the other characters in his age range.

Cheap21, I think Jennifer does look kind of old (older than Melissa Reeves's age of 45), but a graceful old! She looks like someone who is 50-something who has aged well, instead of someone in her 40s who looks older than that, if that makes any sense.

Archived