GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

When Carly was telling Starr that Johnny was trying to ease his guilt, I was like...WTF are you saying that for? The bitch took the Blood Boat! I would have liked to have seen Starr sue Johnny for wrongful death and get the boat, but not take it as payment. Then to watch this heifer crunch numbers? I could not delete that sh!t fast enough! Total Ridiculousness! Starr and Looloo having that fake ass convo about the distributors? Delete again!

This show is so damn ratchet! Not sure what's worse, the storytelling or pacing. These bozos got to go!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know how that makes me feel, to be honest. On one hand, I'm thrilled that GF is back on where I've loved her, but on the other, it's disheartening to know that she can't be accepted as anyone other than Laura. I know she'd said on Oprah a few years back that she got tired of playing the weaksauce version of Laura, which is why I understood why she'd taken the role on Y&R, so I can't quite hold that Genvieve role against her as much as others do.

• Members
And I understand her wanting to do something new, I just don't think she was very good in the role. I'm not even super familiar with her as Laura as for most of my viewing the character was a wig on a broom. Like I said, for me she just fits and works as Laura.

• Members

I think it's about the roles she plays, more than anything else. She wanted to play bitchier roles. I don't think she has ever done a good job with those. She was apparently popular, or relatively popular on DAYS, but that was a role she disliked. She liked her role on AMC - fans apparently did not. She liked her role on Y&R - fans did not. I don't think she accepts her range as an actress. I also think she is not as good an actress as she may believe she is.

• Members

As far as GF thinking highly of her thespian skills, she's no different than any male soap actor in that respect. If they get a pass for their overinflated egos, I see no reason why she should be penalized for hers.

Granted, I didn't see her in any of her post-Laura roles, but I'm sure that there's got to be a middle ground between Laura Spencer and whatever non-Laura role that she's played so that both she and soap fans can be satisfied.

Archived