What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe. But it's got to be uncomfortable to try to contradict a group of people, no matter how small who are shouting that you're a racist.

I say avoid frustration when it's a no-win situation and maintain your sanity.

I've seen black people beat other black people down about not being black enough. That "natural" hair movement has taken to telling women that getting a perm means they are trying to be white. It's not their hair nor is it their business but they made it their business because they are the "real black people."

Who wants to tangle with that?

• Members

I guess it depends on whether someone bases their opinion of millions of individual people on some Archie Bunker mentality or on one or two bad personal experiences.

Anyway, I don't know enough about sociology or race studies to generalize why white people avoid black people, so I will just say that Branco's racist remarks make me sick, and I apologize for going off topic.

• Members

Hair, tangle... tongue.png

You're right, nobody has any business telling someone how to wear their hair or attacking them for "trying to be 'white'" for straightening it. And yet, we can't erase the history behind black hair straightening products or the Caucasian ideal of beauty in this country. I mean, it's a sad, sucky subject, but it's a real one. Even still, no one deserves to be attacked for their hair when "trying to look 'white'" is probably the last thing on their mind!

I remember Maury did a show years ago about very light skinned black people who looked white. Someone in the audience got after one of the guests for dyeing her hair blonde, saying she was trying to make herself look MORE white. For this lady, it was a mere matter of aesthetics. She thought blonde looked better on her, as simple as that. White people tan, dye their hair, get face and body augmentation, I think people of all races are afforded the right to do whatever they want to their appearance. It's just a deeper subject with blacks in America because there's a long, dirty history of blacks being told that their features were ugly, comical, undesirable, so there's always going to be that looming issue of "self-hate".

• Members

Yeahhhhh.....That always puzzles me too, they seemed more close than Stafford and Bregman are now.

I think the spitting is exactly when things went sour, since Rowell mentioned how excited she and Stafford were about shooting those scenes, since it was Dru telling Phyllis she was her boss.

• Members

Well, if there is no chance of her going back to Y&R, why shouldn't she explain things to her fans who tweet about their desire for her return every day?

I have a different view of MTS, MS, PB, and CK now - though I have known for a while about CK's disdain for her. I guess we know now who the 3 were who signed CK's threat letter about a possible VR return?

I am so disappointed in MTS who comes off on Twitter as some sort of mama supporter of all the cast. She even supports EB and gosh, look what he has said publicly about other actors/actresses.

And for MS to feel like it was somehow OK to say to VR during filming that "you are a freak; no one likes you" screams loudly about the tone that had to be in place. For her to think she could do that and get away with it? Be supported by others for it? Things were allowed to get very bad, I think.

MS has been very grouchy and defensive on Twitter later. She used to be more positive and seemed to be more appreciative of the blessings in her life. Now she seems just angry and defensive all the time, focussing mostly on negativity. When someone tweets to her that her daughter looks like her, instead of saying "thank you" she says, "well she should, she's my daughter". Who says that in reply to a comment like that? Perhaps her SL is getting to her offscreen. She tweeted before that there are certain types of emotions she portrays that she can't help but bring home. It's been hard to read her tweets for the past few weeks. *shrugs*

I am sad about the way they treated VR. They won. VR/Dru is gone. It REALLY disappoints me re: MTS.

• Members

Yeah, and instead of just throwing out that she's nuts, I'd like to hear the subjects of her stories specifically address the things of which she has accused them. I think MS did talk about the spit take in an interview, not sure. But they all seem to be taking the, "She's crazy, I won't even dignify that with a response" tactic, which honestly, to an extent is working to their benefit.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

They make her look a little like she's waiting in line at the local CVS. I guess that is supposed to fit this humble plea.

I guess she still sells copy as she gets quite a bit of the cover. If Y&R doesn't hire her someone in daytime should. If not, their loss.

All that cursive and bright font still makes me wonder who burped up the 80s at SOD. They should write for Carrie Diaries.

Archived