What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone should re-tweet all Nela** tweets to her so she can see what he is saying. And oh please, VR is not costing us Dru. Les Moonves and Steve Kent are.

Seriously thought, all these people need to grow the f*ck up and realize that this a dying business. VR and the stars that got beef with her need to sit down and hash out their differences and then move on.

IMO, I don't know why VR just don't take Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva and turn it into a pilot then try and sell it to VH1, Lifetime, TBS, or BET -- stations that typically target all or predominately black audiences and seeking more original dramas. She'd get the last laugh, as the book was juicy and she has what it takes (along with the connections) to make the show a hit if she went that route.

• Members

You're welcome. I've long felt that way and I always speak up when people are asking for or threatening to close threads on here. It's annoying. If some people took their posts too far, then juse the quote function to tell them so. Debating isn't against the rules.

I think all of these opinions are on point, especially the one about Jess Walton. I'd kill to see Dru and Jill in story together, perhaps creating their own company or running a division of Jabot or Newman Enterprises together.

Not buying this for a minute, and even if it's true, he's totally out of line posting that on Twitter for the whole world to see, including Bell's widow and children.

Hmmm, I wonder what her beef was with Heather Tom. I'm also curious what she meant by the Don Diamont tweet.. And I totally co-sign on the Thad Luckinbill love- I've always gotten the "down to earth, genuinely nice guy" vibe from and it's nice to know she's in agreement with me on that.

Did you all know that Thad is actually Lucille Ball's grandson?

\

I don't think he "turned" on her per se- I actually have always thought that he wasn't her biggest cheerleader. He was, after all, the soap journalist that did the interview with Peter Bergman where he called her CRAZY.

Both are fantastic actresses but now way does Tom "act circles" around VR.. Quite the contrary. VR is powerful in the Drucilla role, so charasmatic and brilliant. She's by far the better actress of the two. The only thing I think Tom does better at is crying real tears in her scenes.

WHO? Greg Rikaart? CLB? Josh Morrow? Kristoff? C'mon DeeeDee, spill it! If you don't want to post it in here, please then, by all mean PM me.

I don't think so at all. She's just outspoken and doesn't fear anyone out there.

Totally word, especially about her acting. I LOVE the Rowell/Case friendship, almost as much as I love, Love, LOVED the Dru/Sharon friendship we got during Rowell's final year on the show.

She sure did and does. She wouldn't be speaking out so vehemently if she didn't care about the show.

• Members

That's what I meant about using the stuff that happened at Y&R to motivate her. I don't care if it's a web series, a network series, theater or a writing gig somewhere. Stop trying to fix what happened years ago and do something positive and creative. Support another project. VR would've made a great choice for J's mom on The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl. Whatever issues people may have with Venice, Gotham or Imaginary Bitches at least Chappell, Byrne and Riegel put their energy into creating something new. VR needs to do the same.

Stop bitching and start creating.

• Members

VR on EB: Now I'll share about best & brightest left on Young & Restless are Eric Braeden who has to take crap everyday. He's amazingly resilient.

She elaborated more on Heather Tom, "no one said anything about talent, I mentioned attitude"

I wonder who's VR is referring to "Unfortunately, there's an actrrresss who guards the gate on that one", when it comes to Kimberlin Brown. I don't think it's Tracey Bregman, as I've never heard anything about off-screen friction between her and KB, or Michelle Stafford, as she and KB haven't interacted on Y&R.

Others she writes nice things about:

Tricia Cast "reminded me of Jodi Foster. Smart, level-headed, powerful actress. Cld do film, primetime I'd she wanted to"

Bryton James "like my own son, respectful, gloriously talented"

Doug Davidson "very funny man"

Amelia Heinle "OMG, an angel. Just great. Pleasant, easily cld do other things. Thad's wife & a mommy too"

Kate Linder "is a SAINT"

Brenda Epperson "shld come back"

Diana Barton "wld give all those Y&R diva's a run“

Archived