What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Viveca's done OK career-wise, considering the industry's issues. I'm just not that into her as an actress. But if they brought her back as Stephanie, I'd be fine. Dru? No. I get the idea that this is based on the stereotype of Dru, not the character.

His comments about VR - what gets me most is what does he think an "English" accent sound like? Does he know there are about 500 different types? Does he know that there are many, many people in the UK who aren't white? Does he just base his opinion of British people on Downton Abbey?

• Members

He sounds like every other ignorant person I've encountered who has "complimented" me for not looking black, called me the "whitest black guy" for sounding like I'm reading for the part of Victoria Lord, labeled a neighborhood "ghetto" for the presence of brown and black people... To borrow Cheap's mot prefere, today he has won his status as a non-factor.

BTW, is anyone presently cussing him the [!@#$%^&*] out for this [!@#$%^&*] on Twitter or do I need to sign up?

• Members

That goes without saying. It's just a cheap shot. There's nothing cute, or witty, about racism. Once upon a time no soap "journalist" would have ever said that, or even come close. We've come a long way...right into the toilet bowl.

• Members

This is the sad state of the remaining soap audience. Most of the kind of people who understand just how offensive his remarks stopped watching soaps years ago and certainly wouldn't waste their time or bandwidth following some washed up, Addison Dewitt wannabe with a history of grudge holding and agenda pushing.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like to call him out too but DramatistDreamer is right. He wants the attention.

• Members

I think everyone involved in the debacle should be ashamed of themselves. Especially Nelson Branco. That's about it.

The real tragedy is that Victoria Rowell will probably never be back on Y&R, and I cannot say that it is not partly her own doing, at least after the fact.

• Members

Ugh, reading Twitter gives me a damn migraine. So many losers, loonies, sycophants, and their twisted logic and veiled agendas... just [!@#$%^&*] all of it, I'm so sick of everything soap-related and the people who have taken it upon themselves to become the "voices" of this genre. Where the hell are Agnes Nixon and Harding Lemay, people who I would actually enjoy following...

Archived