What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't think people get that...

And acting as if two months of story somehow rectifies years of marginalization (that's not to say I'm not happy to hear Y&R is getting better about their use of minority actors but come on)...

• Members

Two different arguments here and let's not confuse them.

The lack of black characters on Daytime and RACISM.

From what I am reading, YR has black characters in stories on the show. That is what we want, right? Racism? There's no getting away from that, unfortunately, but we can't say that YR and possibly BB are not using black characters.

GH (plus that dead sack of sh!t OLTL) and Days are doing worse with black characters today than they did 15/20 years ago. The worst of the 4 left and the most regressive!

• Members

Of course I know that.

But to not acknowledge the changes at Y&R? And to act as if nothing has changed? You lose authority when you can't be honest, and it's not the way to accomplish change.

Face it, Victoria Rowell not only burned bridges at Y&R, but in a lot of other places. She's a good actress, and I truly believe she would have worked A LOT more in the industry if she didn't run her mouth so much. She killed her own career in so many ways, and no, she didn't do it in the name of principle.

• Members

I can't fathom how someone can repeatedly bad mouth their former costars and job, not to mention try to sabotage it, effectively affecting all who still work there and expect to be hired back. Like what crack is she smoking and can she please pass it around bc it sounds like some really good stuff

• Members

Yes. No one is saying 2 months makes up for years of racism but please let's at least acknowledges the changes and not sit here and justify a woman sabotaging her industry reputation and perpetuating stereotypes in the name of fighting the cause. No one is saying racism is dead and gone we're saying there's better ways to get your point across and combat racism.

I keep wondering when the arguement for lack of minorities on DAYS and GH is gonna come up because Y&R's getting more flack then them and they recently added more minorities than either of those two soaps have seen in years.

• Members

The fact remains that she was treated horribly in a way that a blacktress of her stature should've never been. If her being spiteful is the road that she wants to take in order to expose what's left of the racist-ass industry, than far be it for me to stand in her way.

Besides, what blacktors / blacktresses is she hurting in her crusade - the scant flies in the spoiled buttermilk that are the remaining soaps?

*shrug*

• Members

Pretty much what DeeeDee said, hence is why I'd used her quote in responding to her. That's pretty much how replying to a direct quote works.

Furthermore, my past and present statements regarding this issue are as clear as crystal. If you've chosen to not understand what I've said or the evidence that continues to support my statements, well, that isn't my concern.

*shrug*

Archived