What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But if you hate the work environment, why beg pathetically to return? She's not hurting for money, last I heard. So how bad could it really be if she's all but storming the gates to get back in?

I adore your signature but Queen Nene should have been in the center not the table-flippah!

• Members

Has anyone looked at the nomination process?

Every year SON complained about Renee Jones not being nominated but if she didn't submit herself then she can't win.

Debbi's won twice, Darnell Williams, Bryton James, Cornelius Smith & Tracey Ross have all won at least once & Kristoff has eight so it's not as if contract players are being totally overshadowed.

• Members

Perhaps she's hopeful that raising these concerns will change the environment? I'm not sure what she wants (I'm not sure she knows what she wants at this point) but I can understand loving your work and hating where you work. I've done it before.

• Members
but she's made it virtually unlikely that they would ever hire her back. They'd be asking for trouble if they brought her back into the building and frankly considering her rants since she's left, she isn't worth the hassle. Y&R doesn't need her and every time she takes to Twitter she does nothing but reinforce why that's the case

• Members

What irks me is that if VR really cared, she there were so many things she could have done to improve diversity in Daytime while she was at Y&R. She could have worked with the NAACP to develop a program to give people of color the skills to be writers, producers, technicians, etc. With that type of program including an internship at Sony/CBS, she could have opened so many doors. Even now, she could do probably do something like this or start a foundation to support young actors of color. Instead, she rants and raves on Twitter.

Archived