What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no problem with her missing the roel and I won't call her a loon. I don't understand why she keeps paiting herself ina negative light. She shouldn't be telling people not to support the advertisers while also trynig to get back on the show. It's time she moved on and did something positive. Like a poster said in this thread she could've been worknig on a writing program or acting program instead of sitting on twitter bitching. Channel some of that agression into postivity. Hell write her own soap opera!

• Members

That doesn't send a message of irrelevance - if anything, it sends a message of being reactionary.

She basically was the character, and generally, she was probably the only one keeping "that black storyline," as MAB called it, as something worthwhile on Y&R. I'm just sorry it all had to end this way.

• Members

Nope, because they didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about diversity AND neither did VR until she quit in a snit over not getting an Emmy nomination, flung accusations of racism around, and realize that she could not get her job back.

Let me add, VR is not an activist. She hasn't gotten off her butt to do anything to address these issues. All she does is spout self-indulgence crap, hiding her self-interest in desperately resurrecting her nonexistence career under the guise of caring about diversity.

• Members

I think Y&R actually does need Victoria Rowell. The problem is that she has now effectively made that impossible all by herself. When you're having a multiple-day Twitter screed about named Sony and network execs and pushing fans to boycott key products while also asking to come back you've reached the domain of the lunatic fringe. Before this I thought they'd eventually come to terms despite all the drama, but this latest makes me think that'll never happen.

It also doesn't help that they finally have a decent black heroine in Angel Conwell, IMO. Regardless of what they do or don't with those people on Y&R, though, I think Rowell has helped submerge herself.

Archived