Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One thing that irks me is that Neil and Devon are only in one version of the opening while newbies like Tucker and Avery are in two. I hope they rectify that.

B&B has a much smaller cast though, so they can.

Also Patrick Duffy was on contract for brief periods in 2006 and 2007-2008.

• Members

Wasn't the lighting under John Conboy's reign darker than under succeeding EP's?

Listen, nothing can be as bad as Y&R under Paul Rauch, when the lighting was so blinding sometimes that it looked as if they actually filmed on the "Price is Right" soundstage.

• Members

I just can't with Lane sex scenes. He looks too old and she's too giggly girly. CK trying to play sexy/seductive was pitiful. And to think she had the story idea of Lily becomes a stripper. Girl please.

So is Isabella coming back or what? This Paul story is a mess. Thank goodness MAB is gone cause she would've dragged this out til December. JG, better wrap it up before the month is out.

Heather and Daniel sneaking around and now with Kevin/Chloe's help is stupid. Kyle and Eden.are sleep inducing. What a hopeless young set this is.

• Members

I can't believe Miss "I'll Pray For Her" wanted to do a stripper story. She does have a pretty figure but she is so damn uncomfortable in love scenes. The only time I ever saw her comfortable in a kiss with Daniel Goddard was waaaaay back in the early stages of the Cane-Lily relationship. It is clear that CK and DG have had issues. Perhaps they've cleared them up now but they are still hella awkward with each other when there aren't other actors around.

It is especially noticeable after today's show with Phyllis and Ronan panting at each other. I don't like either character, but at least these two actors try to make it work and do a pretty convincing job, too.

• Members

Jeff Branson pants in all his scenes...

Lily as a stripper is one of those weird ideas when an actress has when she has no respect or interest in her character, and just uses her for her own goals (see OLTL - Jessica Buchanan). I don't understand how CK thought she could pull that off. The only positive would have been MAB hiring Sheila Kelley to play the pole dance instructor.

Archived