Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish someone put a muzzle on this guy because the only reason he's claiming YR is must see tv again with the new regime is because he'll be frontburnered again. And if the quote from him below is really true than YR would have been dead by the time MAB was through.

I assure you ValleyCliffe, there was no viewer backlash. To be considered a "backlash" for a network/studio is tens of thousands of negative emails & calls. I was told there were only a few dozen "different" fans who expressed their dislike. I say "different" because they often got a call or email from the same person over and over again. Shadam only ended because of MAB and her plans for Victor & Sharon to be the next Victor & Nikki, thus creating an ongoing love triangle for Victor between the two women.

• Members

For some reason I don't believe this guy, am I the only one? I mean the part about there just being a handful of people who didn't like the pairing of Sharon and Adam. I just thought the pairing was degrading. Maybe it might have worked 30, even 20 years ago when people thought it was acceptable for a rapist and his victim to fall in love, but the idea of a victim falling in love with her victimizer rings unsavory for me. If this happens to real life people that's their business, but I don't want to watch it.

I didn't call or write to complain, I voted with my TV viewing, I chose not to watch and I suspect many people might have done the same.

• Members

That passive/agressive maggot. Once he started posting on SOC, the rules changed. I was banned a few times until they gave me my walking papers for good (of course, telling them to go [!@#$%^&*] themselves didn't help me one bit). You couldn't say anything negative about Adam because the moddies didn't want MM to see that stuff since it was such a privilege to have him posting there. Posts would be deleted for no reason or the moddies would carefully scrutinize your account and send you an email telling you about an offense from 12 years ago. Many left YR SOC because of this. It was horrible.

• Members

Why would there be a big backlash to Shadam, seems the more controversial, the more poular (ie 1st cousins or Rapist and Rape/Rape Victim. Shictor yes, Shadam, hardly.

And I am no fan of MM or SOC, but SOC has never permitted bashing the actors long before MM joined.

He does need to STHU tho LOL!

• Members

Everything I've seen has led me to believe Shadam was and remains popular however Muhney is an arrogant bitch and I actually liked the guy. I do like the pairing but he wants everyone to believe that only a couple of crazy folks were the ones making themselves heard because he wants the pairing. I have no doubt theyre going back to Shadam but this dude really bothers me. I loathe his arrogance.

But back to MAB.... Shictor as a love story is revolting. Who knows whatever atrocious storylines she had lined up before she was canned.

• Members

SOC board is biased as hell. I can't determine which part of the baord sucks more. The Y&R side or the GH side. I wasn't banned just quit posting and rarely visit now. Like the board supposedly has a no actor bashing rule but it only applied to certain actors, could never have meaningful discussion on those boards as the mods would delete those threads in a hot minute.On the GH boards the this soap is better than the rest with the best actors ever talk got on my damn nerves and it was like how dare you say you don't care for someone's acting(unless they ar ea minority of course). And the last time I went on the Y&R side it was full of posters who didn't watch the soap everyday and were only watching for MAB's stunt casts.

• Members

True. However, there's a difference between "Adam is thoroughly repulsive and irredeemable," and "Michael Muhney's face looks goiter-rific!". On SOC, both comments would likely be deleted (and in some cases, the post-er warned, if not banned outright).

Chances are, Patty would have undergone plastic surgery again -- this time, she's Sharon! -- in order to use Victor's power as a weapon against Jack. With Daisy helping her every step of the way.

Archived