Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Notice Phyllis said to Ronan that if it had been her the car would have been ashes, and Ronan looked positively impressed by his sociopath lover and her comment. Yeah, but she's changed, she's a good woman who doesn't deserve to go to jail for trying to kill someone.

I do not like where this story seems to be going.

• Members

I'm seeking clarification on something.

We've all being gearing up for this 'magical' October 12th episode when the new regime officially take the reigns on screen, but will it be Oct 12th US or will it be Oct 12th Canada (meaning Oct 15th US)?

Answers on a postcard, please.

Thank You all.

• Members

My review of their first episode, no spoilers:

THIS WAS THE GREATEST EPISODE OF Y&R OF ALL TIME! Everything was so perfect, well written, modern and expertly produced!!! I found it even better than Bill Bell's Y&R! Adam was written was the most complex leading man in the history of television and film! They restored glory to Y&R in record speed! *bows to the brilliance of Josh Griffith, Jill Farren Phelps and new Co-Executive Producer Michael Muhney*

[/sarcasm]

I'm excited to see the new regime, but not looking forward to comments like the ones I posted. EVERY new regime both impresses initially and also takes time to develop their own show. It's going to be 3-6 months before we have any true indication of how their show will be IMO. Soaps have 5 episodes a week and it takes time to know how they truly are once they settle in. Look at GH, I think they're just now getting to the type of show they want to tell and the new regime has been there for months.

• Members

I agree it will probably be a little while before we see the bigger changes being done, but i still believe that the new regime has had a hand in these past couple of weeks episodes, since i feel the show has been slightly better (minus the summer Crap)

I think their biggest challenge will be preparing for the shows 40th anniversary this coming March...I feel that this is a milestone that can't be ignored

• Members

As someone currently watching Knots Landing S13 (thankfully past the bad stuff), I don't know that much can be that bad. It truly is one of the Top 3 examples of Worst Soap Regime ever. Black and Stern from ATWT are probably on that list as well. Just unwatchable. I don't even think MAB is on that level.

Archived