Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hunter King was probably the only one on HH playing a teen character her own age since she's still 18. The rest of them were somewhere between 24-27.

I don't know what age Noah should be but it's funny that Robert Adamson played a high school student on Lincoln Heights for nearly three years and then played a high school student over three years after that show ended. He's nine years older than Hunter King who played his girlfriend. Eric Hubbard, who played his girlfriend on LH, is six yers older than he.

I've only see him play a sensitive in love high school student/boyfriend. He seems to be pretty good at that.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't even recall an adult role I've seen Adamson in because after Lincoln Heights ended he kept popping up on Disney Channel in high school roles. Not sure what age Noah is supposed to be since MAB put everyone through soras random soras without telling their age.

How old is Kyle?Still annoyed they dumped Garrett Ryan for douchebag Kyle.His voice is just awful! It was bad enough he came to town as Billy 2.0 picking up hoes at Gloworm but they didn't develop him at all beyond that.

They'll probably end up recasting Fenn too when they expand his role. They just didn't have anyone on hand to quick replace him with.

• Members

Did Stafford's hair color change mid-show AGAIN? I swear it's more red now.

And would Leblanc just go grey already? His new hair color--also red--looks so obviously fake.

Maybe they could share their leftover L'Oreal with Tricia Cast, who is in desperate need of hair color...a hair style...make-up. Nina is TOO bland. Which of course makes her perfect for Paul, but still...

I love Avery, but she's been on EVERY DAY for weeks. Who does she think she is? Phyllis or Sharon?

• Members

Frankly, I think it's ambiguous, because even they didn't know what to call it. I feel like they just threw Paul and Nina together because no one else was available for Paul and they didn't want him to look like a eunuch.

• Members

He was playing a teen on 90210 last season, which is funny, since Rafe is supposed to be Billy's age, and Rafe looks so young while Miller and his character have aged in the last few years.

I think they're Friends Without Benefits. Paul has more chemistry with Avery. Why are throwing her back at Nick?

• Members

I might be wrong-headed for saying this, but I do think it's time Y&R called it a day with Paul Williams. For one thing, Ricky is dead, and Heather might as well be. (After three actresses have come and gone in that role, I think the role is simply un-castable and should be written off for good.) With Patty in the nut house and beyond redemption, one brother working out-of-town as a priest, and another brother (not to mention, both parents) apparently vanished from the face of the earth, Paul has no strong family ties in GC anymore.

Moreover, his is not an occupation which lends itself easily to story. If he were a doctor, let's say, or an attorney -- or heck, if he just owned a restaurant, like Gina Roma did -- then at least he could serve as a supporting character whose place of business allows him to interact with others in ways that are natural to the story. However, unless someone is in need of a private investigator (and really, this isn't EDGE OF NIGHT, so who needs a private eye that often?), Paul is screwed on the job/business front as well.

Archived