Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hunter actually played her scenes with Nick and Phyllis well, and instead of just yelling her lines like Bushman did, it felt like she put some actual thought into her work.

Why isn't JFP crediting herself for these episodes? I wonder if it's something legal-related.

There's a marked difference with the directing, the camera is actually moving nicely again, and I definitely think JFP is behind that.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really have an opinion on him, he's not been on much. All his scenes thus far have been about yelling at Sharon for being a bad mother (we had enough of that with the last Noah). That character needs fleshing out, badly.

He's not a bad actor, but he blinks way too much in his scenes, which gets distracting. Oh, and he definitely looks older than what Noah should be.

• Members

I like HK's Summer. That mouthy, spoiled brat is just what smug Phyllis deserves but I think the mother/daughter scenes will be better now. MS and LB had zero connection and just looked all wrong.

Noah definitely needs something to do besides ranting to or about Sharon. I'm sick of that. I don't see a possible love interest for him though unless he gets tossed in with Eden and Kyle.

• Members

My gosh the actor who plays Fen is absolutely atrocious. How does he still have a job? Seriously. Wow he's bad.

Wasn't a fan of this last Summer. Very screechy but I thought she played some things alright, she's just inexperienced and I think she could become better over time.

Noah annoyed me with Sharon. I can see him being Nick's son in the looks department but I just think they're aging Nick and Sharon's kids too much. It's aging Nick and Sharon and forcing them more into supporting roles, which maybe isn't such a bad thing.

I also don't think much of the actress who plays Eden. This character is a waste. I'm shocked they haven't dumped her yet. I think Kyle has potential but the greasy look and weird line delivery have to go. I like the actors look, minus I guess the greasy aspect. It's like they didn't even care how the actors looked anymore.

I like the rough relationship between Summer and Phyllis. It's being played right.

I hope the energy comes back to the show. Yeah it's always been slower and sleepier, but everyone just seems so bored and lifeless. Which makes sense because the producer never cared so why should the cast and crew?

I believe he did. I think a lot of the actors had checked out. It's evident in their performances. Everything's so blah and seems blah. I want the spark back.

I notice their weird expressions and uneasiness. It's just inexperience. But again, why not get rid of Fen too? He's just as bad.

• Members

I ask myself that same question about a great many actors on Y&R.

To think: if Cassie were still alive, she'd have made Sharon a grandmother long before now.

Frankly, I'm not. MAB never seemed to care whether a character or actor was "clicking" with the audience. Instead, she'd just keep giving them airtime, operating under the assumption that, eventually, something good would come out of the mistakes, and that the audience would grow to love 'em.

• Members

Boy was that evident with her pimpage of Yvonne Zima - why was that girl repeatedly brought back?!

I don't think Maria ever cared if an actor worked in a certain role, she never paid any attention to detail in anything else, why should she with the casting? Remember, it's always the producer's final decision to approve most casting decisions, and Maria just didn't care.

• Members

Given the fact that others basically have come out and said MAB was barely involved in any aspect of Y&R, I tend to think she was going more on the opinions of her two "right hands," Hogan Sheffer and Scott Hamner. Not that that should take MAB off the hook, mind you. But let this be a lesson to all: surround yourself with people who possess good taste. Or else folks will wonder whether you mistook Yvonne for her sister Madeline. ;)

Archived