Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm being premature again, but i'm just going to assume that maybe this is all going to be a big set up for when Phyllis really goes down, come on did you guys really buy the whole Uncle Phil being a judge, the whole thing seems like a set up.

Other than that, I'm not entirely impress with what's going on so far, I know it's been only 2 days, but everything just seems so rushed and I'm starting to not like the quick scene cut, when is MAB going to stop appearing in the credits?

I thought nu summer was ok, but the last one was kind of starting to grow on me, and I thought that scene of Fen kissing her was so stupid.

I still wanna see a gay story with Fen, this guy is the perfect actor to do it with, but of course I don't know if the chances of that are ruined now that he kissed Summer.

I know in my heart this show will eventually get better, but i'm just giving my feedback for the last couple of days.

• Members

People who support Phyllis even as she rants like she did in court...I just don't know how they don't put their heads down in shame at how repugnant she is. Avery almost looked ashamed but Ronan, he looked like he couldn't wait to lick old Phyllis's boots.

• Members

I will say the directing has definitely improved on this show. It just seems like Griffith is in a rush to end Maria's stories ASAP (but, who could blame him). I just hope he has some solid plans of his own in place.

I enjoyed the directing in the scene where Nick told Syphilis he was filing for divorce at the hospital, and then Nick walks away and the camera zooms in slowly on Syphilis (for her reaction shot) as Avery watches on from behind. There was another one with the camera slowly moving back in a Chealsea/Adam scene as well.

The camera is moving again, I guess that's call for a celebration on anything Y&R-related these days.

• Members

The show is going to remain sh!t on a creative level - I honestly don't expect any miracles or for Griffith to be that much better than Maria was.

I guess it's easier to accept when you no longer have any attachment to the show. Especially in this daytime climate when each show is so terrible at the moment.

• Administrator

There were some bad music on Monday's ep. The first one was when Fen/Summer kissed - it was some teeny bopper music. The second one was the Ronan/Phyllis scene at the end - it was some weird drum beat. blink.png That's 3 bad choices so far under JFP. What in the world is she telling Jack Allocco and David Kurtz to compose??? huh.png

• Members

Honestly, I trust Josh Griffith with the show more than I would trust any other writer at this point (yes, that includes Kay Alden - she may have the most history with the show but her lack of imagination was evident in her 1998-2002 run and I doubt she would have been able to modernize the show the way Griffith and JFP plan to). I'm already seeing subtle improvements and I like that he's trying to wrap up MAB's crap quickly.

Archived