Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just can't see anyone at Y&R kowtowing to Michelle Stafford or anyone for that matter. MAYBE Eric Braeden. I think it was ALL Maria.

However, Stafford has to realize Phyllis is much more interesting and complex when she's not mooning and making out with the guy of her choice. I much prefer Phyllis acting out and I thought Phyllis rubbing it in Christine's face in the courtroom was classic for Phyllis. I didn't mind it. However, I don't like how Christine is being hung by the entire town and treated like a lunatic. The whole thing was a joke and it's too bad it wasn't treated the way it should have been. This should have been an amazing story. It's like nothing even happened and we're back to where we were. What came out of the trial? Phyllis getting caught banging Ronan? Her marriage to Nick was gonna collapse anyway. At least Summer's amusing me. They're giving her some funny lines.

• Members

&R's Bell To Viewers: "It's All The New Guys"By SOD • Posted: Oct 16, 2012

© JPIY&R's ousted Executive Producer/Head Writer Maria Arena Bell wants fans to know that she is not responsible for the current story, despite her name being included as a writer in the opening credits of the show's first week of material penned by new head scribe Josh Griffith. Bell posted on her Facebook page: "to any Y and R viewers who read my Facebook page... I had NOTHING to do with the way they are resolving these stories. Despite my name still being on the show— which it should not be — I did not intend to have Phyllis trial end with charges being droppedor any of these other story lines now playing. I am no longer a part of this show in ANY way, folks. It's all the new guys."

• Members

In real life people do things that aren't found out and I appreciated that about Bill Bell's Y&R. Or that Michael was a regular on the show and didn't meet Victor until 1998. Bill Bell created a show that was larger than life, but also grounded in reality. I liked that not everybody knew everybody and not everything was resolved in a neat bow. Now everything is just so basic.

• Members

I posted a long time ago, back when Ronan turned out to be Nina's long-lost son, how I felt like that unresolved mystery defined a lot of Nina's motivations; and how ending the mystery and reuniting Nina with that child left her rudderless. Yes, Phyllis did a bad thing a long time ago (excuse me, she's innocent, Paul and Christine were the villains for not getting out of the way), but that should have stayed a secret between her and us, providing us the right amounts of subtext and dramatic irony to all of Phyllis' actions.

• Members

I don;t know what it was about Sharon yesterday but I loved her calling Nick and the Newmans out on their BS. And then refusing to vacate the GCAC when there was that fire alarm? LOL. I have really been enjoying her lately.

• Members

Yeah, I notice that it seems that Griffith/Jill clearly aren't a fan of Maria's pet Restless Style.

Under Maria that trash was a rousing success (in a market that's dying mind you), and now it's a big failure on the brink of annihilation and Billy may soon be back in the corporate world. I wouldn't be surprised if it was (rightfully) phased out soon.

Archived