Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

It is tearing down other characters to make one particular character look good. The laziest kind of writing.

Rumors that La Stafford may or may not be storming the writers' room demanding that Phyllis get written as a "heroine" again does not help matters.

What hacks do not realize is that viewers tune in pretty regularly, so they know a character's history. They appreciate a character owning up to their crimes and mistakes, paying for their crimes, trying to make amends for their crimes, trying to prove to themselves and everybody else that they want to change.

But hacks are lazy so instead of doing that, they just get a Greek Chorus of lame characters (Kevin and Chloe, cases in point) to repeat the mantra "Phyllis has changed. Phyllis is a mother now, our dear friend and a great human being." Phyllis, meanwhile, spittle-screams at Christine about how she's cheated the hangman once again.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That whole court scene irked me something terrible. MS was atrocious and same goes for Phyllis. Its one thing to make sure Phyllis gets off scot- free, that was to be expected, but to have Michael blaming evil Christine for going on a witch hunt and then Phyllis gets to belittle her for not having kids or a husband. Ugh! Not to mention the case getting tossed out is all Christine's fault too. Horrible on many levels and only served her many gloating fans.

• Members

Exactly!

Adam would be the best example of an irredeemable character (if such a character exists). It makes me chuckle when posters on some boards wail about how irredeemable the Sharon character is but think that Adam is just a misunderstod character. Perhaps he was misunderstood when Engen played him but not after TPTB had Muhney dressing up in a dead woman's dress to freak out a pregnant woman and cause her miscarriage! People are entitled to their opinions but I can't understood the reasoning behind who is irredeemable and who is not on Y&R these days.

Of course, some people think Neil is a lost cause because of his failed relationships-- how much damage can Neil have done since, in general, he doesn't have sh*t to do these days?

• Members

There is no redeeming a fetus burning stalking sticking needles in his eyes baby kidnapping psycho! Back in the day, a character such as this was only good for, at the most, 6 months. There was no tearing down other characters to make the creature look good. The other characters would be so good to handle the aftermath that you didn't need to try and redeem the irredeemable. Too much time was spent trying to get us to feel bad for Adam. It didn't work. I hate that POS more than words can say (that arrogant passive/agressive bastart, MM, doesn't help matters), and I'm super happy I don't have to watch him on YR because I tuned out 6 months ago. Sharon was destroyed because of Adam. I used to love her, but after she got with her child's kidnapper, I wanted to bury her alive!

Adam and Sharon need to be written out! PERIOD!

• Members

We, IMO...

Phyllis gets off for attempted murder, but after her arrogant gloating, has to rush the the hospital because Summer caused the death of Adam's son. Sins of the mother being visited on the daughter. Phyllis is now paying in much more harsher terms than going to prison. her daughter (Who might go back to prison- LOL) hates her guts and is blaming her indirectly for the car crash, her husband hates her and is divorcing her, and she has damaged her friendship with both Michael and Lauren (although both are truly God-awful stupid to support this woman after all the lies and cover-ups).

She's getting hers, and it hopefully get worse.

Archived