Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if there's even budget to do anything with those sets.

Her lighting revamp will show up sometime next month (even though the lighting has gotten darker again already). She definitely has an eye for the way the show is directed, and it's been apparent in these recent episodes. I bet she's really pissed she can't put herself in the credits yet due to Maria's contract. LOL!

• Members

The music seems to be in transition, they've brought back some old cues, created some new cues in the old-school vein, but also created more contemporary cues which don't jive all that well (like the jazzy stuff playing in the scenes with Phyllis, Avery, and Ronan in today's US episode).

I hear one of Jill's signature music montages is coming up on the 10/22 US episode.

• Members

I hope that of some of these newly introduced characters, at least 1 or 2 will be totally unrelated to anyone in the current cast. Y&R has gotten a bit incestous in the past several years, with every new character having some secret connection to someone already in GC. After awhile, there is no where for these characters to 'go' storywise-- nowhere that's interesting anyway.

• Members

Lawd, I hate Ghost John. "Jack, don't be so mean to the poor Newmans." Everytime Aunt Jack's about to finally stick it to the man who has humiliated him time and again, Ghosty has to come down from the great Golf Course in the sky to tell him to give up Jabot or something equally ridiculous. What a crock. I don't know what John Abbott hologram Mustache has rigged up, but in life, John was heartbroken when Victor screwed him out of the company he built for his family and himself. One day I would like Ghost John tro show up and say "You go, Jack! Stick it up Victor's ass! And if you really want to piss him off, go, get FauxToria drunk and marry her in Vegas."

I love Sharon this week. That is all.

• Members

I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for Victor, Nikki, Nick, and Victoria.

Victor especially, there is nothing sympathetic about him anymore. Jack is being an ass and will likely fall, but I find myself rooting for him in this mess, when the writing tells us I shouldn't.

I am rooting for Sharon too to burn that f.ucking ranch down.

The Newman's are so smug and nasty, and we're supposed to see them as the wronged party in all this? Please.

Archived