Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Christine ever showed up in GC again. They really threw her under the car bus.

And if I were Christine, too, I'd regret ever forgiving that bastard Michael and building a friendship with him after the [!@#$%^&*] he pulled on me once upon a time.

As I said, Christine has no real reason ever to go back to that town. Just have her tell Nina, "If you need me, you know where to find me," then say adios for good.

• Members

It's sickening the way Phyllis got off scot-free, SCREAMED in Christine's face about getting off scot-free, and then a line of losers went to smack Christine with "Phyllis is love, you iz EVUL" [!@#$%^&*]. I can't even with Heather, Weasel-face or Michael (who was once my favourite character). Even Paul had to do the whole "Let it go, Christine." The propping of this repugnant character is so unnecessary anyway because even Phyllis haters like myself enjoy watching Phyllis when she is the flawed, evil anti-heroine -- which only works if she pays for her crimes now and then.

If LLB leaves now, we'll know how all this panned out behind the scenes. Too bad. I thought JFP would have told some of the rampant egos on that set to cool it.

OMG, I *loved* Chris Engen. It's too bad he got his cred as an actor completely trashed. It should have been a contract issue but MAB made it into something so much worse.

I will give MM his props, though. In the scenes where Nick tried to attack him at the hospital, he was understated -- in a good way.

• Members

On Fresh Prince of Bel Air, James Avery had so much presence and humor as Philip Banks. That's saying something on a show with Carlton, Jeffrey, Hillary and, of course, Will. Seriously -- he should be on some show playing a wealthy patriarch with a sharp tongue and weakness for the ladies. He would nail a role like that and it would be so fun to watch.

LOL, can you imagine if they squeezed in a scene between him and Tatiana Ali on Y&R? She played his daughter on FP.

• Members

I had hoped a good night's rest would help me deal better with this latest, most insane round of Phyllis propping. Alas, it didn't. Y&R's revisionist tactic, whitewashing Phyllis' past misdeed and painting Christine (who I never liked, btw) as a raging bitch for wanting justice, has to be one of the most foul and reprehensible things I have seen on a soap opera, and certainly on Y&R. I don't even care who was responsible for this mess. All I know or care about is that it conjures up for me memories of "Coopers are GOOD, Spauldings are BAD!" b.s. on GUIDING LIGHT; and for me, that's scary, because that was the point when I went from, "There's still hope for this show!," to "I'll strike a match and burn down the set my damn self!".

Archived