Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, a lot of Maria's stories are still playing out, or at least the fallout from them.

The stories aren't that great, but the execution feels a lot tighter and the production values have gotten better. It's a bit more entertaining than what's been happening over the last few years, but still way too early to judge this regime or their vision.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, Why??

I hope it is a case of 'everything is not what it seems' coming to pass because I could not stand it the first time.

Even though I watch very Y&R little these days, I wonder how TPTB plan to bring back viewers who got disgusted with this show (because let's face it, getting brand new viewers is pretty much off the table) when they revert back to such regressive stories. A woman re-igniting a romantic relationship with a man who stole her newborn child from her arms and let her believe the kid was dead? What is this the 80s? No wonder the soaps are dying.

• Members

And the set is so small the angles are limited. Supposedly they live in a mansion and all you ever see is that damn green sofa.

I liked the music they played during Nick and Avery's scenes but I'm not quite sold on them yet.

ETA: When is MCE's contract up because yes, it's very obvious they're doing Shadam again. I hope Annie... oops... Chelsea doesn't go crazy.

• Members

Because Adam is her only option (besides Nick) that makes sense.

Victor is back with Nikki, Billy will never leave Victoria, Tucker will be busy with Jill, Aunt Jack is about to be stuck propping St. Giggly again & though Neil will be single soon Y&R will never pair them (for obvious reasons) so it's Adam or Nick for Sharon.

• Members

Sharon and Adam will always be disgusting and reek of stupidity and misogyny.

If they wanted to make an honest attempt with them, Adam should have never stole her baby and made her think Faith was dead for months. How can someone ever get over something like that? It makes no sense.

Sharon needs to stay her ass single.

• Members

Since we know Dru isn't coming back anytime soon, they should've paired Sharon with Neil. He knows how to handle a fiesty woman and both can bond over all the pain and heartache they've experienced. They can better each other and lead to a more evolved Sharon. Falling in love with Adam was the first thing that led to this downfall for Sharon, so how can he be used to redeem her? This is just as bad as MAB writing IMO. Same with the Phyllis propping.

• Members

I knew Shadam was coming soon as I read JG's Tv Guide interview and MM's geeked tweets. Have fun under the bus Chelsea. Avery's apartment is huge indeed but nice. JFP must like Avery/JC. Speaking of JC, weeks ago she tweeted about Avery soon getting her best story yet. I think Avery can do better than jughead Nick.

Archived