Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I just watched Monday's show myself and i also thought the Nikki and Victor at the burned down ranch were beautifully done.

I never thought i'd say this but I'm LOVING this new Victor, he has more depth on the show than that smugged cold hearted SOB that we had to endure with Maria for the last 2-3 years.

I know it won't last but i'm enjoying it while it does...I wonder if someone had a long talk with Braeden....

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But that's the thing i don't really remember a lot of soft moments during the last 3 years.

Victor has been so dispicable ever since he got Colleen's heart and made that stupid "goodbye" video for Faith when we first thought Braeden was leaving the show.

I wanted to personally rip his throat out, but i'm starting to feel less like i want to LOL

• Members

I am always surprised when I hear about JFP's music choices being one of her strong points. Production? Sure. But this is the producer who on GH put that awful "Do ya do ya want to" song over a Claudia & Rick scene to the point where it drowned out all the dialogue.

• Members

The thing is, Allocco and Kurtz can't compose contemporary-sounding music to save their lives. Their contemporary stuff for B&B is just as bad and should have been fair warning.

I think they're experimenting with the music right now, besides these newer cues, there's a conscious mix with some older cues they've not used in a while too. It seems like they're trying to find some medium and it's not at the final point yet.

• Members

I'm willing to give it time -- JFP's stuff has been airing, what, a week? I also do hope JFP checks out the archives because Y&R has some of the best background music in those archives that have ever been featured on Daytime. Sometimes you don't need a forced "contemporary" feel when a classic cue says so much more without distracting from the scene.

• Members

Actually, I just checked on YouTube and it wasn't Adriana's song, it was some sub-country musak like they play at Kelly's. I have attached the link here -- go 4.30 minutes in and tell me if you understand a damn thing of the dialogue. Not only does the music ruin the whole mood of the scene -- which is Ric telling Claudia they have something more than just a soulless hook-up -- but it drowns everything out. I wonder if JFP wasn't deliberately sabotaging a budding pairing with potential.

http://youtu.be/_6G5BDM-kmg

My point is that you could have Maurice Benard warbling "Guantanamera" in the background but if it doesn't fit the scene, I don't want to hear it. Background music should not be a distratction, it should enhance the scene (as so many of Y&R's classic cues do).

Archived