Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I suppose it was easy for me to think of the gay issue since it definitely appeared that they were taking this route with the previous Noah. Also, Noah and Eden were keeping a secret back in Paris. Now, Noah is keeping a secret back in New York. This kid is obviously into secrets.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eden was in the facility for bulimia. I don't think whatever happened between Noah and Eden in Paris will be revisited. They have yet to even share a scene. I'm glad cause the thought of a possible Kyle/Eden/Noah triangle made me sleepy. Eden and Kyle can just go. Maybe Kyle can return later played by a better, less douchey sounding actor.

An early 20s gay guy hooking up with a teen, TPTB wouldn't dare. I don't think Noah is gay. He said a girl ripped out his heart. I suppose he could be lying but the writers could've just left it vague rather than have him lie. I think they wanted us to know he is not gay and that some girl is on the way.

• Members

Eden and Kyle -- I just have no use for these characters or the actors who play them. I mean, Jessica Heap is better than her predecessors but that isn't saying much. She generates no particular charisma and her voice drives me nuts. Speaking of bad voicework, Blake Hood sounds like he has a speech impediment. I can't stand that gurning amoeba. I would have happily kept Kyle as 12 years old because that young actor could act circles around this 40-year old.

IMO, Noah should be set in a whole new direction rather than lump him with the incredibly tired post-teen set.

• Members

Here's what was said:

Noah says "New York was just not for me...it's a tough place and if you're not paying attention it'll just rip out your internal organs..."

Nick says "Your talking about your heart?"

Noah says "That was more subtle."

Nick says "Yeah, you like what I did there?"

Noah says "Yeah yeah, you guessed it she.... ripped my heart out"

So, if the writers were clever, the "she" Noah could be referring to is NY and not a girl in specific. But yeah, that's probably reading too much into it.

• Members

The "she" actually referring to NYC is an interesting observation. Noah is quite an enigma. I'm wondering if the person he left the voice mail to and the woman who allegedly broke his heart are the same person. He sounded very comfortable leaving that voice mail which makes it somewhat difficult to believe that Noah is all heartbroken. And Noah remains extremely tight-lipped about New York too! Nick tried again today to get Noah to open up, but he wouldn't budge.

Archived