Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just saw Fridays show. So Phyllis cheated with Ronan, and he loves her? Oh boy, Ive said it before but everytime I watch this show, she, Nick and Sharon are constantly changing partners and yet again its happened. Was there an affair or was it a ONS? Why'd they get together anyway.

I saw the SORASED Summer for the first time. What do people think of her? I didnt really have much of an impression but I liked her interactions with ABC. Didnt they go the emancipation route with another character a few years ago. I want to say her brother, Noah

Did Sharon burn the ranch down on purpose or was it accidental? Considering no one knows, why is Adam hiding her out? Where will Victor and Nikki live now? The Athletic Club?

• Members

Ronan was Phyllis's only support system during the lead up to her trial for running down Christine and Paul. They f.ucked a few times. Nick and Summer had enough of her lies and walked out on her. Nick seems to be moving with Avery.

Phyllis initially thought they only way to save her relationship with Summer was to "win" Nick back, so she ended things with Ronan. It hasn't worked though, as the divorce is going though.

Sharon burnt the ranch down when she was drunk and depressed. I guess you could say it was on purpose during her drunken state. Sharon was the only one on the entire property during the night it burnt down, and the feds tried to question her a few times, but Adam claims he wants to "protect" her and she isn't in the right mental state to talk to them. There seems to be some "control" game with Adam going on there.

Victor mentioned last week that he and Nikki will be moving into a penthouse while they rebuild the ranch.

• Members

Nikki and Victor are rebuilding the ranch. We all know the real reason the ranch got burned down was because the set was old and falling apart. Sharon burned it down on purpose out of anger when Nikki and Victor were bashing her.

I don't see Ronan lasting very long. He's only around to be Phyllis's boytoy. They already

• Members

Depressed my arse Sharon was drunk and PISSED and burnt down the ranch, she is NOW depressed and a needy puddle of mush.

And we dont know of the Phick divorce will go through as we have another Phick showdown in Niovember that will change things for Phick, their Rebounds, and their daughter LOL!

• Members

OK. I took a "hiatus" from Y&R on the episode where they killed Ricky because I was so over this. After reading all the positive comments, I just watched the first 10 minutes of Monday (US) episode. I have to say, I'm shocked by the dialogue and emotion from all the featured players. Looks like I'll be watching again. Thank goodness! I know it's going to take at least six months or more, but so far it feels like Y&R again.

• Members

IMO, a lot of the writing/storylines are still very questionable, but a lot easier to take now given that this is a transitional period and things are bound to go in new directions.

We'll see where things are in a few months, but I went into this regime with no expectations at all, and though I don't like everything going on, there have been some nice character moments recently we would've never gotten with the old regime (but again, this is a transitional period).

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be watching consistently, since I only started watching again on a trial basis to see the direction Jill and Josh were going in. But after this trial basis is over in a few months, I'll decide if it's worth investing again for me.

• Members

I'm with you Y&RWorldTurner. I feel I need a good 3-6 months to truly get a feel of their show and to allow the storylines to build momentum. So far it's still a dull show, like it was with MAB, but not as dull. It's early, but I'm wondering if Josh Griffith will even be the HW in six months time. He's going to have to deliver or he's gone. If the ratings don't go up or if he doesn't have one of those big stories I don't see CBS staying with him.

Now that we know for sure Victoria Rowell isn't returning, I'm curious to see what happens to Neil and that side of things.

• Members

Well, Neil is on today's US show -- he gives Cane and that insipid twit Lily a job. Cane is not only appallingly acted by a mumbling, wannabe Method actor, he is also an unpleasant, skeevy character oozing insincerity in his own right. Today he throws GeneV under the bus. I know most of you guys hate GF and GeneV but I felt really bad for her that her thankless, whiney brat of a son won't even stand by her.

Also Harmony leaves today. Not a fan of the character but when Debbi Morgan's eyes welled up and she could barely say her lines, I welled up, too. Y&R ought to be ashamed of itself for disgracefully wasting this amazing actress in this horrid role. She and Maura West have been treated abhorrently.

Meanwhile, Greg Rikaart and Liz Hendricksen are still, somehow, employed. Cue another scene featuring the two of them whining.

Sharon Case was ON POINT today. Really very good, very moving acting from her. I really feel a lot of empathy and tenderness for the Sharon character at the moment.

Archived