Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Did DG throw shade at MAB?

Daniel: He understands how to write for all the demographics and all the characters. The thing about Josh that’s a great asset to the show is that he’s married to the love of his life and has two beautiful daughters. As a man, he understands what women want versus someone who is kind of cut off from the real world and is trying to forge stories based upon what they think the world likes to see.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are there any long-term plans to keep Jill/Jess around?

Daniel:

I think it’s whatever Jess wants. Everyone at the helm now has such a true understanding of the worth the people like Jess have and what they bring to the show. When I read the first script that had Jess back, I was so excited to have her there. As sad as I am to see Genie go, I’m so happy to have Jess back. Jess Walton is the reason I’m there. She and Devin Owens (of

Soap Opera Digest

) were talking about a character and spoke to Lynn about it and that’s how the character of Cane came about. I’m eternally indebted to Jess. We have a strong connection and I just couldn’t wait to have her back on set.

• Members

Jess has pretty much said the same thing - that this is the first time in years she's felt wanted at the show (per SOD).

I wonder why Maria hated her and the Jill character. Jess was one of the few actors that everyone loved on set - from the cast to the crew. I wonder why Maria had it in for her so bad.

• Members

That is one of the big mysteries, It may stem from her protracted contract negotiations in 2008...it may stem from her very close relationship with Bill Bell (as it seems Maria hasn't ever been comfortable with anyone whose relationship with Bill trumped her own)...it may stem from the fact that Maria wanted to run 'her own' show and Jill was as 'un-Maria' as it gets...since, you know, she has a brain.

Archived