Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have to give Debbi Morgan credit for her last scenes. She took a thankless role that was hideously written, and gave it her all in her final scenes. She wasn't right for this role, but she tried and tried hard to give the character a semblance of vulnerability, maturity, and heart. Her goodbye scene was ALL down to Debbi's strength as an actress.

I never saw that type of effort from Genie Francis.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of the camera angles were great in tomorrow's episode. It's amazing the difference it can make when you have a producing team that actively gives feedback to talented directors. I still don't get why DAYS ever let Noel Maxam go, given the state of the directing/production on that show. He did a lot of nice transitions and movement with the characters in tomorrow's US episode.

I'm glad Noah was more objective when it came to his parents in tomorrow's US episode, and how he mentioned to Nick how Sharon was his only support system when Cassie died, when Nick emotionally abandoned them. At least Noah is doing more than sh!tting on Sharon, and actually seems to care about his mother again.

I think I may be enjoying Phyllis a bit more again. Stafford always gives more effort into her work when she's working with Peter Bergman.

I couldn't care any less about Chole, Kevin, Chelsea, and Adam.

• Members

I think the show is 1000 percent better and it's still meh but there are some positives.

Phyllis and Jack. I think MS and PB work extremely well together. There is no overt or sexual undertones in their scenes which leaves MS to actually act. PB is a far better acting partner for her as is MS for him.i think the characters themselves offset the other better than any either has been paired with in years and they don't need to be paired romantically. Their interaction and banter and concern for each other just works so well.

Jacks downfall is going to be interesting with Phyllis battling Adam for power, even if I do think Adam is lackluster and MM an overrated talent.

Victor being more of a thinker again works too. Hopefully this is the last round for Victor and Nikki and they stay together for good now.

I'm even interested in Neil taking over Jabot and I'm waiting on Lily back in work mode. Undecided on that, although It's better than what she's been doing.

I think the new Summer is decent and I like Noah even if he looks too old.

Intrigued by Katherine and Jill's return

I don't think Nick and Avery have great chem but I'm interested enough in them to continue to follow them. I Ike Jessica Collins a lot.

The negatives

I have to say unless Sharon is helped by Noah, I don't give a flying fig about her breakdown story and Adam helping her and i dont feel much for her. I also don't care about Chelsea, Chloe, Kevin or Adam in that circle with them and Sharon. Ronan can leave. Don't care about Tucker. They need to rap Paul's story and send Cricket away and wrap that flop of a story up too.

I still detest Billy and Victoria with a passion. I think her writing is a tad better, but they still don't work for me at all.

The directing is a huge improvement and I like they are experimenting with the music, trying new things.

And I don't miss Abby the legacy character one bit. I am wondering what they are going to do with Devon and Daniel.

• Members

I can't believe how much the show has improved in just 3 weeks. I'm also watching the episodes currently airing in Australia (8 months behind) and the difference in quality is staggering. It's like watching 2 different shows.

Hell, I think I even *gulp* enjoyed Lily today. She and Cane are so much more bearable with the more mature writing.

The pairing makes even less sense now that Victoria is being written to have a brain and a backbone again.

• Members

Cane and Lily are never bearable to me. Those characters suffer from bad acting mixed in with very forced writing.

If they must keep Cane, he should be bartending or something, not in the corporate world. He's really shocked that Jack wouldn't make his con ass CEO of Jabot? Really? He's not family, nor does he have Neil's experience.

That character is smug and never takes responsibility for his actions, it's always the fault of someone else. Lily is just an airhead dumbass.

• Members

When Shadam was in full swing he was on practically everyday and then for some reason they got abruptly cut, he was barely seen and Adam and Chelsea was thrown together at warped speed. I've always wondered what went down behind the scenes and I don't think it had anything to do with Shictor as MM recently stated. Shictor happened months after he was backburnered.

The second MM started kissing ass on twitter and posted how great YR suddenly became I knew JFP loved him. Expect more of Adam - in huge doses.

Archived