Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I would prefer all 3 waste of space characters die completely, let alone that non-factor baby.

This episode felt no different than the typical nonsensical and rushed storytelling we've been accustomed to for the last several years. It's hard to tell who was responsible for what with Maria still credited.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the problem with unnecessary pregnancies on soaps. They are used to anchor characters and they do no such thing. Billy and Chloe never should have had a child, and Delia has done nothing to make Chloe less of a cipher. It won't be any different for Chloe 2.0.

• Members

I feel like they are just trying to wrap up some stories they weren't interested in continuing. I think the new regime wisely didn't care that much about giving Chelsea another kid in less than a year and I assume if Chelsea loses the baby it will be a result of the accident and potentially be used to fuel renewed animosity between Nick and Adam. Chelsea if they wanted to could lose it to an extent and go after that other baby she had with Billy, giving her and Billy and Victoria some fallout, although the last thing they need is another baby related story.

Phyllis's story is ridiculous. Months and months and no real payoff. At the end of the day there was no point to the story at least not evidently at this point.

• Members

They were never going to let Syphilis pay, they should have just kept that hit and run as a secret/hidden plot - much like Nina's first son being lost - which Maria f.ucked up as well.

Some secrets need to stay that way, unless you're competent enough to reveal them and give the attention to detail to them that is necessary.

• Members

I'd agree if Chelsea hadn't already given birth earlier this year and if their was any investment in Chadam's story and Chelsea as a character. However there wasn't, her pregnancy was pointless, and I'll take the misscarriage over yet another unneeded child running around. I mean half the time I forget Johnny exists.

• Members

I'm glad Chadam's baby is going bye bye, Heir Broodmare Chelsea was getting ridiculous and Adam doesn't need a baby anyways. Summer will get off scot free like her mother just did. Speaking of, the H&R revisit was a fail from the get go and tacking on dead Tim only made things worse. I already knew the outcome so what irked me more was Kevin. He's such a piss ant but given his attitude towards Chloe, hopefully this means the horrible couple is over soon. I hate Fen's hair and NuNoah is cute but his acting underwhelms me.

• Members

Losing the baby and having Summer's actions be what "caused" it is just a lame way to motivate Adam to re-start his vendetta against Nick and the rest of the Newmans.

It was an accident, and he should be the first person to know how acting recklessly can result in "accidents" that result in the loss of a child.

Archived