Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've said it before, but I don't think JFP is really against black players per se. She's just generally absentee or neglectful of them unless a writing team she respects is behind them. This was the case at GL, I think, before she drove that team out. And I think she is shrewd enough to know a black canvas was Y&R's bread and butter. The question is whether she is making an active choice to replenish it. She could be too far gone after years of monotony at GH to even have those few beneficial instincts she used to have, or she may actually be making a brilliant play. If you're going to go after the queen again - and we all know who that is - recasting Lily is a major move.

• Members

Thank goodness it's Khalil. I've never understood her appeal to the vocal but few? viewers at all. So bland and boring. Her and Cane are entirely fast-forward material.

Julia Pace Mitchell does NOT look twentysomething and cannot act out subtext if her life depended on it. That whole baby daddy storyline with Neil and notMalcolm was a joke because the truth was written all over her face in every single scene.

• Members

I feel like going all Boondocks and pulling a Jasmine screaming, PRAISE SANTA!

Christmas is indeed coming early -- if they get rid of Cane, Amelia as Victoria and phase Giggly to the background... my mom & I just might tune in again.

• Webmaster

Raven was where I remember Christel from as well. When I first read this discussion I totally remember the scene, what she was wearing, how her hair looked and what she did when saying her lines! It was Raven! lmao.

• Members

I'm stumped at who I would like to see try for this role. My fave younger AA soap actresses (Shannon Kane, Daphnee Duplaix, Tika Sumpter) are not only all older than this calls for but they have other options and have no reason to return to soaps. I honestly can't think of a suitable actress in that age range especially one that can play against VR if she comes back.

Archived