Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Honestly, AMC has been a haven for former soap stars who've made it big (or semi). Amanda Seyfried, Josh Duhamel, Colin Egglesfield, Shannon Cane, Jesse McCartney, etc. When some thought some of them were terrible actors and the show booted some of them...those booted became stars. It's almost like a good curse to supposedly not get the recognition for your talents at AMC and then become a big star.

• Members

Don't forget my girl Kelli Giddish. She - like MBJ - has practically had people throwing work at her since she left AMC.

Speaking of AMC, does anyone know what Tanisha Lynn (ex-Danielle Frye) has been up to? She might be able to do something good with this role.

• Webmaster

Oh, how can I forget her!? Incidentally, I caught her filming an episode of Law & Order: SVU last week in one of my favorite bars. Was happy to see her, but kinda pissed that my bar was shut down for the day for filming, lol. I wanted a burger. Have had a craving for weeks, but have been able to stay away so far because I'm trying to stay away from beef.

• Members

This doesn't sound like CKLily. She doesn't play her as such. But when I read those words I thought about how Davetta played Lily for some strange reason. But I thought it was funny how people thought this sound like CkLily but the description to the BM doesn't sound like Devon recast. When I read the description to the new BM, first thing that came to my mind was a Devon recast.

Back to the point, If CK really leaving because JM told her it's time for a black love interest. I hope BM does turn out to be a recast for Devon.

• Members

I have heard the issue with Rowell isn't the actors. Frankly I don't think anyone really cares what the actors think, not even MAB. I think it's Steve Kent. And I don't get why a Lily recast automatically means Dru or VR is coming back.

There is not one piece of legit information that CK refused to be paired with an African American male. Since when does an actor on a soap other than the A listers maybe wield that kind of influence. As for recasting so they can pair Devon and Lily, uhm they are brother and sister. Since when does not being blood related not make you siblings,

And someone needs to correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't or isn't VR married to a white male?

• Members

Just about EVERY SINGLE BLACK ACTOR ON EVERY SOAP IN THE HISTORY OF DAYTIME (including the two time Emmy winning veteran that plays her father) has been paired with other Black actors on their show yet Lily (as played by Scottie Pippen) has NEVER even flirted (besides ONE brief scene with Bryton) with any actor or character that wasn't white.

But go ahead & keep believing she didn't have that kind of power.

• Members

According to Rowell CK has a little tantrum when Lily was almost paired with Devon I'd take it with a grain of salt but still Lilly of the valley never fit because neither of her parents came off like that. Hell most of the women on this show didn't come off like that. And CK sure loves to point out that she's Pakistani and Native American and her mother is half white. But then gets annoyed when she can't book roles for being mixed.

Sindy: Do you find that your multi-racial background affects the type of roles you get?

Christel Khalil: Oh yeah! There are a lot of parts I haven't got because they couldn't define my look. "Oh, you're not black enough, you're not Hispanic enough." If it's a role within a family, I wouldn't get it because I didn't look enough like the rest of the family. It definitely has affected my career, but not in a good way.

• Members

Jane,

No one is saying that getting rid of the wretched CK is equivalent to bringing back THE QUEEN, we are simply hoping. But if JFP can walk in and make a Sony favorite disappear, miracles do happen.

This is about ratings now. I don't care about what happened behind the scenes, Kent needs to put on his big girl panties and think only of the bottom line and bring back THE QUEEN!

Archived