Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if it was Raven, but I saw her in some Disney thing my niece was watching where she played kind of a little, I don't want to say bitch because she was just a little girl, but she was "mean/insensitive" to some little boy or something and the star of the show schooled her on her bad behavior.

• Members

I remember. It was when Eddie had a crush on her character and he had a big zit on his face, it was early on in the show's 1st season.

That was Raven. She had a vision of CK's character saying 'Ewww gross" and she thought it was about the zit but it was really something else. LOL! I am ashamed I know so much about that episode ph34r.png

• Members

I hope it is a Lily recast but I can't imagine why Sony/CBS would allow Khalil to be fired now after reportedly forcing MAB to keep her. Unless it's true that Khalil has decided to leave (I'm sure the Lane fans would be the first to know).

I highly doubt it's Sofia. If they intend to keep the character I think they'd be more likely to make her older (to be more compatible with Neil) than keep her in the twentysomething age range. I doubt they'll keep the character though.

• Members

Sounds like tragic Lily to me. Perhaps CK did quit. She's tired of playing goody two shoes Lily and is tired of stifling Lane too. There's no guarantee any of that would change for her with JG at the helm, especially her wanting to work with other actors aka end Lane. Their fans ain't having it and Sony/CBS are too chickensh!t to end the couple. I'd welcome a new Lily with open arms. CK lacks depth and is too girly. Lily should be just about as fierce as her mother and she definitely shouldn't merely be a sidekick wife for Cane's dull ass while he gets story after rewrite after story.

As for this being a possible new Sofia, uh why though? I don't see a need for the character to stick around at all unless they see Neil and Harmony ain't working at all and plan to try Neil and Sofia again with a new actress. Still, they should age her up, not down. No way is she mid 20s now.

• Members

I was a very, very casual viewer of Y&R at best in the '90s and early 2000s, but never did I think Drucilla and Neil's (well, Malcolm's) daughter would be that chick. She's always disappointed me.

If this was another show and another time, JFP might realize Debbi Morgan is a potential gold mine with or without the mythical return of Victoria Rowell. Like Rowell at CBS, Debbi's brand at ABC was rock solid and inviolate and could bring an audience when it was promoted. But by now I suspect she's so contemptuous of most older stars - despite showcasing many of them over the years, like Erika Slezak - that she won't see it.

ETA: Apparently, Khalil leaving over a contract/money dispute is confirmed. Good. Finally JFP targets the right person.

Archived