Y&R: Another Casting Call

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So it's money and less restrictions? Bye bye.

I don't get why actors in daytime today think they can demand these things. I respect the folks like Ronn Moss who just don't want to deal with it any and decide to move on. She should just do the same.

Now hopefully they don't cater to Billy Miller

• Members

"When Khalil's leading man Daniel Goddard (Cane) was offed in 2011, fans flew an airplane over the studio in protest and Cane was ultimately brought back from the dead. "

Not trying to tell anyone what to do with their money, but:

24080342.jpg

• Members

The white guy probably shouldn't say this, but I agree. This is what I've always felt was behind her casting and subsequent return. It's a way to say you have a black female lead without actually writing for a black woman. I don't believe a different actress would have been given a fraction of the material she was.

• Members

What pairing? They hardly let KSJ touch Heather. The pairing was ill conceived and did nothing for the show. If you are going to go with a bm/ww, go with it like they did Michelle S and KHC! That pairing was not just crap thrown together to show the audience, "look Daytime is making progress". Both actors did a great job, and I bought the couple. I didn't see that with HT and KSJ. It was a joke!

• Members

She wants to have her cake and eat it too, the security of Y&R, and the freedom to book more lucrative deals that will eventually allow her to bail comfortably without looking back. Who in soaps DOESN'T want this?? :lol: Just doesn't work that way. Even Susan Lucci wore the golden handcuffs.

Archived